Author Topic: Alpkit Laika Review  (Read 1296 times)

Matt010791

Alpkit Laika Review
« on: 18:02:09, 30/08/19 »
I received delivery today of my Alpkit Laika, first impressions is the fit is lovely and the material seems a really good quality. Not forgetting it was only 35 quid. After a search on here i saw a few people saying the quality of Alpkit wasn't what it used to be and maybe there standards had dropped slightly but as a first time customer I'm really impressed. Its advertised as a base layer/ lightweight fleece and i think thats a good way to describe it. I currently use a Montane merino base layer but i was after something that could sit over that or be worn on its own or with my hardshell. I was looking at a Arcteryx fleece swell as this but the latter was obviously a lot more pricey but I'm glad i chose the Alpkit. Gonna wear it tomorrow whilst doing Mam Tor so i should get a better feeling for its effectiveness. Ill certainly shop at Appkit again though.

Snowman

Re: Alpkit Laika Review
« Reply #1 on: 11:36:10, 14/09/19 »
I understand where you're coming from here.   If you're doing serious walking, some gear needs to be the best quality (boots, rucksack and waterproof in particular), however there's also items where cheap is perfectly acceptable and I think fleeces come under that heading.   I have a Peter Storm fleece I bought from Millets about 20 years ago and has served its purpose admirably.   Similarly, I don't see the need for expensive walking trousers, and have a great pair of Regatta trousers I bought a long time ago (can't remember exactly) in a sale in Ambleside.

Matt010791

Re: Alpkit Laika Review
« Reply #2 on: 09:39:01, 15/09/19 »
Yeah i agree with this tbh, wore the Alpkit a few times now and its warm, comfortable and wicks the moisture away quite well.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy