Author Topic: lykewake race  (Read 716 times)

wizz

lykewake race
« on: 20:22:05, 05/06/18 »
I have been trying to get into a Lykewake race forum for a while, and for some reason I kept getting rejected, seems like I have now. Anyway I saw a post by a runner wanting to improve on their time. First, you've got to be fit, but being fit wont guarantee a fast time if you give up for no other reason than giving up. I have seen this by the same runner on two occasions and each time he was very disappointed. It was only when I supported him and wouldn't let him retire that he did complete the race, much to his delight. So, the body has to be fit and so does the mind. My best time was 6.30, and I was 48 at the time, so it is within most runners reach. So, off we go, I arn't taking in adverse weather conditions, most of the races that I did it was sunny, and I could cope with sun. There are two modes to it, moving and static, no sitting down and getting comfy, stop, clip, swallow and go. There were five check points when I did it, so I counted my thirty minutes as six minutes breaks. I loved doing it, it's not easy but do it cos you love it and don't treat it as a penance. Good luck, let me know if I have been of some help. PS, my races were east to west.

April

• Veteran Member
Re: lykewake race
« Reply #1 on: 20:55:41, 05/06/18 »
PS, my races were east to west.

Now it all makes sense  O0
Hate will never win

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy