Author Topic: Best walks in Yorkshire Dales?  (Read 2834 times)

Rob88

Best walks in Yorkshire Dales?
« on: 21:40:53, 08/03/16 »
So i have a experience day i need to book in south Yorkshire so i figgure i may as well make the most of it and would like to find some real stunning views and kl places to have a adventure, anyone have any good suggestions for walking routes or places to go?

Thanks Rob

Rhino

• Veteran Member
Re: Best walks in Yorkshire Dales?
« Reply #1 on: 21:59:50, 08/03/16 »
Hi Rob

I take it your going to travel up to the Dales from South Yorks, which area are you hoping or planning to stay in?

100's to choose from and Whernside ingleborough and pen y ghent are three of the favorites being part of the Yorkshire 3 peaks but i prefer a couple of walks around Grassington, Burnsall, Bolton Abbey and Malham areas. What sort of walk are you looking for and mileage and ascent etc?

Wainwrights Completed 12/12/15

Lazar

« Reply #2 on: 01:38:44, 09/03/16 »
The whole lot do the Dales Way.

Peter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 09:14:14, 09/03/16 »
I think maybe a slight geographical error?  :-\

What do you like on a walk? Climbs, open moor, limestone scars, there are many choices.

Peter
sometimes I fall off the learning curve....
Join: Yorkshire Dales Walking Buddies
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1783012625307

Silver fox

« Reply #4 on: 19:47:32, 09/03/16 »
Checkout The Walking Englishman website.
There are many walks on there with the routes to choose from.

Rob88

« Reply #5 on: 19:54:45, 09/03/16 »
not 100% sure where i will be stating yet all i no so far is that its south Yorkshire for the experience. im guessing from looking at a map that it will be about a hour- hour 1/2 drive to the Yorkshire dales? i live down in Berkshire so feel i should make the most of it while im up that way. as for walks im quite happy to explore most places as its nice to see some new and different parts of the country. about 15-20 mile walks maybe at the most and quite happy to do stuff like scrambling etc

Thanks for the comments

Silver fox

« Reply #6 on: 20:00:22, 09/03/16 »
The Dales has all that just waiting for you.

Rob88

« Reply #7 on: 20:05:26, 09/03/16 »
Will check out that website and start to plan from there thanks:)

Peter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 08:19:51, 10/03/16 »
not 100% sure where i will be stating yet all i no so far is that its south Yorkshire for the experience. im guessing from looking at a map that it will be about a hour- hour 1/2 drive to the Yorkshire dales? i live down in Berkshire so feel i should make the most of it while im up that way. as for walks im quite happy to explore most places as its nice to see some new and different parts of the country. about 15-20 mile walks maybe at the most and quite happy to do stuff like scrambling etc

Thanks for the comments

Hi Rob, I lived in South Yorkshire and now live in the Dales. Its about 90 miles and 2 hours. TBH nearer to South Yorkshire is the Peak District, not the same but still very nice. To the left of Sheffield looking at a road map.
Peter
sometimes I fall off the learning curve....
Join: Yorkshire Dales Walking Buddies
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1783012625307

happyhiker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 23:34:21, 10/03/16 »
So i have a experience day i need to book in south Yorkshire so i figgure i may as well make the most of it and would like to find some real stunning views and kl places to have a adventure, anyone have any good suggestions for walking routes or places to go?

Thanks Rob

If you want something more energetic but with great views, try Ingleborough ( http://goo.gl/fOV9mv). For something more gentle but still with lovely views, try this walk from Buckden (http://goo.gl/NES9zW)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy