Author Topic: Wainwright virgin - no more...  (Read 721 times)

PeakerBoo

Wainwright virgin - no more...
« on: 11:00:17, 10/05/17 »
I've been to the Lakes before but not for hiking. It was the first of two visits to Scafell Pike to explore the routes for our forthcoming National. Well, this last weekend the Lakes absolutely blew me away. You guys who are within a spit of these fells are so lucky.

One of our team has done the Pike 4 times and this time was the first he actually had a view. We were so lucky to have had the most amazing weather. The views and the vastness of the place! Our Peak District is such a beautiful National Park but surely the littlest of brothers to the Lakes.

We walked from Seathwaite to Scafell Pike via Grains Gill, Sprinkling Tarn, Esk Hause, through the weird but amazing boulder field between Ill Crag and Broad Crag onto the summit of the Pike from the East. We returned via the Corridor Route to Styhead Tarn.

I understand we knocked off our first Wainwright walk with Scafell Pike. The question I have is, did we inadvertently cover any other Wainwrights?

We're back up to the lakes this month to do the summit from Wastwater, Brackenclose. Other than our National preparation we will come to the Lakes again but given the distance we travel we won't be lucky enough to do all the Wainwrights. Which 2 or 3 walks do you think need to be on the top of our bucket list?

Ta PeakerBoo

- Dave -

• Veteran Member
Re: Wainwright virgin - no more...
« Reply #1 on: 13:41:02, 10/05/17 »
Great route that, one of my favourites but, alas, just the one Wainwright, unless you visited the summit of Great End on your travels
I'm on the internet!

Check out my blog here:

http://allthegearbutnoidea.blogspot.co.uk

214/214 Wainwrights

PeakerBoo

« Reply #2 on: 14:12:01, 10/05/17 »
Thanks Dave. Just the one Wainwright then but what a start. Amazing route.

- Dave -

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 14:21:08, 10/05/17 »
Thus starts the slippery slope to the 214?
I'm on the internet!

Check out my blog here:

http://allthegearbutnoidea.blogspot.co.uk

214/214 Wainwrights

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy