Author Topic: Cofa Pike  (Read 1480 times)

Islandplodder

• Veteran Member
Cofa Pike
« on: 20:58:19, 29/06/17 »
For those of us with a poor head for heights, is Cofa Pike as scary as it looks?

April

• Veteran Member
Re: Cofa Pike
« Reply #1 on: 21:36:06, 29/06/17 »
I've done it a few times and I'm not that fond of heights either. There are a couple of places where there are a few drops but it isn't as scary as it might seem. There is a rocky tor just after Cofa Pike or just before (depending on which direction you do it) that has an awkward bit with a bit of a drop down.
You won't really know what it is like for you personally unless you give it a go. I avoided doing Cofa Pike for years but when I did it eventually, I quite enjoyed it. So I would say no, not as scary as it looks but others might disagree!
Hate will never win

redeye

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 20:28:49, 01/07/17 »
I did it last November with a bit of snow lying about. There again, I was following in the footsteps of previous walkers so it was OK. My first time so not sure how straight forward it is in drier conditions. At a guess, if you are ok with a bit of scree, rocky/light scrambly bits it shouldn't prove too difficult. There seems to be a zig zag path going up. I did it coming off St Sunday.  O0

Hillhiker1

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 22:12:21, 01/07/17 »
Like you, I'm not too keen on heights or exposure, but I climbed this from St Sunday and went on to Fairfield. I don't remember it causing any problems at all really.. Have a go. It's easy enough to turn back.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy