Author Topic: Camera-SWCP-Recommendations  (Read 891 times)

Douger

Camera-SWCP-Recommendations
« on: 20:09:28, 31/01/19 »
Sure, I use my Iphone for just about everything.  I am planning for a walk and would like to document in Video and Photo.  I see some really cool videos on You Tube-wondering what your recommendations are?  Don't want to spend too much-maybe under 200.
Thanks for the Help

harland

• Veteran Member
Re: Camera-SWCP-Recommendations
« Reply #1 on: 20:48:26, 31/01/19 »
I am not an expert on cameras but perhaps I can tell you what a guy said to me just after I started my walk - I wasn't taking a photo at the time.  He told me that a number of people died along the cliffs when they continued walking whilst taking photos and they fell over the cliff edge so his advice to me was "stop" walking when taking a photo/video.  Perhaps fairly obvious but I thought worth repeating.

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 22:25:58, 31/01/19 »
Gopro cameras have a wide angle lense and are great,
They take video, and stills, although the stills on mine are only 12mp,
Waterproof, Small and lots of mounting options
I would recommend carrying a spare battery,  O0
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 12:30:12, 01/02/19 »
If you can pick up a GoPro 4 Silver for a good price, then it comes highly recommended, as it can record stunning video in 4k quality, and produce some superb 12mp photographs.
Obviously a larger Digital SLR will beat it for over all picture quality, but imagine trying to keep one of those totally dry in heavy rain.
The GoPro protective case, is totally waterproof down to a depth of 30ft, and you will never miss a photo opportunity if the weather is poor.

If you want the ability to record a video in 4k quality for a continuous 4hrs non stop, then Smatree make a lithium battery pack for around £20.

As long as your micro SD card has sufficient capacity and speed to record in 4k, then nothing will stop you producing very lengthy videos.

phil1960

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 12:43:48, 01/02/19 »
+1 for the GoPro, I’ve got the 6 black and it’s virtually made my Lumix compact camera redundant.
Touching from a distance, further all the time.

Douger

« Reply #5 on: 17:33:07, 03/02/19 »
Excellent advice for GoPro. GoPro it is.  My gut told me that I would land there.  What, you mean I might get some rain on the swcp?   Ha!  Thanks all,
Doug-New Jersey USA

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy