Author Topic: Campground list for C2C or Southwest Coastal Path?  (Read 2195 times)

Lola P.

Has anyone made or published lists of campgrounds accessible for C2C or Southwest coastal path walkers?  I'm more than happy to buy a guidebook with the information if a relatively current one exists.  If it includes other lodging that's helpful too, but I am mostly interested in campgrounds.

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: Campground list for C2C or Southwest Coastal Path?
« Reply #2 on: 17:28:56, 22/03/19 »
I use 'uk campsites' to find out where they are, never had a problem when I walked it.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 19:31:52, 22/03/19 »
I use 'uk campsites' to find out where they are, never had a problem when I walked it.

+1

but we wild camped the SWCP
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Lola P.

« Reply #4 on: 15:16:50, 24/03/19 »
Those are great websites, thank you all! 

joncombe

« Reply #5 on: 17:39:39, 24/03/19 »
Can't comment on the C2C I'm afraid (I've not done it, but it's on my list!). However on the South West Coast Path Association produce a list of accommodation for each section of the walk in their guide book https://shop.southwestcoastpath.org.uk/product-p/1233.htm
However I'd agree with the other suggestions of the "Uk campsite" website. It might look a bit dated but the information is generally good and up to date as sites tend to come and go over the years.
You will need to book in advance for the busier areas, though.

Lola P.

« Reply #6 on: 01:50:21, 25/03/19 »
"You will need to book in advance for the busier areas, though."

Would this be true for tentsites also?  I had read that most campgrounds don't book tentsites in advance...is that accurate?

joncombe

« Reply #7 on: 19:40:58, 25/03/19 »
Would this be true for tentsites also?  I had read that most campgrounds don't book tentsites in advance...is that accurate?
It depends on the site. Some allow you to book in advance. Some don't. There is no standard policy I'm afraid.
In the peak summer season the areas I've advise booking are around the big resorts (such as Newquay and St Ives) and also along the Dorset coast (especially Weymouth to Swanage) as there are not many sites between these two places - Lulworth Cove in particular can be a problem and the site there is also very expensive.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 07:17:11, 26/03/19 »
It depends on the site. Some allow you to book in advance. Some don't. There is no standard policy I'm afraid.
In the peak summer season the areas I've advise booking are around the big resorts (such as Newquay and St Ives) and also along the Dorset coast (especially Weymouth to Swanage) as there are not many sites between these two places - Lulworth Cove in particular can be a problem and the site there is also very expensive.

Which is why we wild camped :)
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy