Author Topic: Where are folks walking this weekend?  (Read 573075 times)

Elvis Presley

Re: Where are folks walking this weekend?
« Reply #15 on: 10:13:37, 09/02/13 »
mebbes Haystacks tomorrow
Thank you very much.

Andy_cap

« Reply #16 on: 10:34:06, 09/02/13 »
I was up Alwinton in the Cheviots yesterday. Perfect weather and snow still about. Happy days

youradvocate

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 11:17:30, 09/02/13 »
I want to get away but after two recent walks in mile after mile of thick gooey mud I am in a dilemma as to where I want to go next. I only have three days as I have to be in Ashford Kent on Wednesday. I want mountains but as I live on the South Coast it takes so much time to get to, for example The Lakes, and the return cost of it all is a bit on the high side. I normally hitchhike but time is against me. Still all is not lost, the South Downs Way is nearby, its a good walk, up highish (I think the rainwater is drained to lower levels by now) but I know it so well it can be a bit boring. I'm never good at repeats.

Peter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 13:40:47, 09/02/13 »
If anyone fancies company on a walk in the Dales tomorrow, I'm free!
I'm steady but get there...
Peter
sometimes I fall off the learning curve....
Join: Yorkshire Dales Walking Buddies
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1783012625307

angry climber

• Account Closed
« Reply #19 on: 13:49:07, 09/02/13 »
No walking for me. Both my boys have been off school and they are still unwell today. They usually go to there mums to stay over tonight but she can't pick them up till 8.30 and I am not sure it's worth going so I will wait to see how they are and they might just stay here anyway. If they do go they are at there mums till six tomorrow so I may get out a walk.
Never judge someone by the opinion of others find out for yourself.

guess who

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 14:32:08, 09/02/13 »
If anyone fancies company on a walk in the Dales tomorrow, I'm free!
I'm steady but get there...

Hi Peter.

If you look in the meets section there is a walk in the Dales on Sunday. Pen-Y-gent.

yorksgal

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 14:36:33, 09/02/13 »
I have cancelled it and contacted Peter about Jim.  Going to organise it again for another time.

jonesy

« Reply #22 on: 21:01:29, 09/02/13 »
Went nowhere, dreaful weather, quite frustrating. Sunday looks to be more of the same  :(

Elvis Presley

« Reply #23 on: 01:28:58, 10/02/13 »
Well, the weather was lovely..............down the shops  >:( where I live (in the North East).

If it stays the same on Sunday I hope to get my first decent walk of 2013 under my rhinestone-encrusted belt. O0
Thank you very much.

lasramblas

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 02:00:05, 10/02/13 »
Falls of clyde in the rain O0

Karl-33

« Reply #25 on: 12:06:37, 10/02/13 »
nothing this weekend. Doing pen y ghent for the first time with the mrs on the 16th  :)

nudgebar

« Reply #26 on: 13:03:21, 10/02/13 »
I went out on Friday and walked the Beacons horseshoe anti clockwise from the car park at Taf Fechan forest. The first ascent up to Craig Fan Ddu was a real slog,very boggy and slippery...it was such a relief to get to the top!. The rest of the walk was amazing...my first time up to Pen Y Fan etc. Thanks to the guy who gave me a lift from the filter house back to the car park for the last mile! Much needed. After a night in Talybont I did two walks on Saturday. One,a short three miler along the River Usk from Llangynidr and then on to Crickhowell and a circular walk up to Table Mountain. This walk took me through a lovely valley on the way down. Great little walk. looking forward to going back to do the Horseshoe with my Lady....absoloutely brilliant and was like being in another world looking down on reality!. All in all a very enjoyable couple of days.

Elvis Presley

« Reply #27 on: 15:12:46, 10/02/13 »
nowt doing today...............family resistance encountered  >:(
Thank you very much.

MJH

« Reply #28 on: 16:58:37, 10/02/13 »
Just got back from the ingleton waterfalls. First time I've been there, can't wait to go back when the sun is out.

Glyders

• Veteran Member
« Reply #29 on: 22:35:03, 10/02/13 »
Off to the Peaks to get educated  ;D

Just been on a great navigation course this weekend with Flowerpot and feeling much more confident about being more adventerous in devising my own walks.  Looking at doing the next course to take it a step further already  :)

Thankyou Michael, Flowerpot and I had a great day out  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy