Author Topic: Black Mountain  (Read 953 times)

Emlyn Diver

Black Mountain
« on: 01:38:52, 23/06/13 »
What a day! Diving was off due to the bad weather, shopping and cleaning the car got binned, for obvious reasons. So that left a day out with the wife or the Black Mountain?!
Anyway took the obvious.
Started at the second car park on the road from Llangadog to Brynamman. There was a bus from Tycroes Scouts and a guy looking for keys he had lost last week and otherwise didn't see anyone all day.
Headed up Foel Fawr in the cloud, mist and no viz. Thanks to my 30 year old compass I headed in the right direction and hit the trig point.
The next bearing foxed me but I decided to trust the compass against my best judgement and ended up at Foel Frith. Plodded on via Godre'r Graig, Cefn y Garreg and to the trig point at Garreg y Ogof. I found the cave (pot hole) on the way, known as Arthur's Pot? but failed to find the cave at Garreg y Ogof.
Dropped down below Cefn y Garreg, quite rocky and lots of undergrowth so slow progress. Up to Cefn y Clychau, the most uninpessive cairn I have seen, only about 20 stones. Please bring a stone with you when you visit.
Back via the quarry to the car park.
Despite the weather an enjoyable walk. Sorry for no pictures but a lot of cloud and mist.
So have done the east and middle bits of the Black Mountain, only the east bit to go. 

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy