Author Topic: What are the dotted lines on ViewRanger satellite view?  (Read 4604 times)

Rob Goes Walking

• Veteran Member
Re: What are the dotted lines on ViewRanger satellite view?
« Reply #15 on: 21:39:24, 14/04/19 »
Got close to it once https://osmaps.ordnancesurvey.co.uk/route/1912653/141007-Tarn-Hows

I looked at the legend before posting the question, Mel said what I described wasn't a path so I think I described it badly.

Yes I think I saw that trace on haroldstreet.org.uk when trying to avoid having to draw my own up. I have now, still not convinced I haven't walked into a bank at NY 31567 00674 instead of a path but it's a learning experience, the obvious path up looks pretty obvious and I recently learned ViewRanger can download satellite imagery for offline use (yet to test this, hope that's right).

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 21:47:43, 14/04/19 »
Path O0

On the subject of green dashed lines on OS.  As Nineanth illuded to, it is a common misconception that they all show public footpaths.  They don't, they show the public right of way form the definative map.  It is often the case on the ground that the path follows a slightly different route and on open access land there may be no path there at all.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 21:52:28, 14/04/19 »
Had you flipped your display from OS Leisure Map to the Standard map it is actually labelled "Path" if you zoom in enough!
Solvitur Ambulando

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 21:54:30, 14/04/19 »
I recently learned ViewRanger can download satellite imagery for offline use (yet to test this, hope that's right).
Yes, you can do that on Viewranger if you have Premium

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy