Author Topic: What's Your Latest Walking Kit Purchase?  (Read 292340 times)

Requiem

• Veteran Member
Re: What's Your Latest Walking Kit Purchase?
« Reply #285 on: 14:29:33, 25/06/17 »
My Wife has just texted me that she has bought me something 'for your hillwalking'
I've just texted back to ask what it is, thinking it may be some nice new stretchy trousers or some 1000 mile socks, but no

'I've bought you a T-reg Land Rover Freelander so you can [censored] off out in the snow when you're grumpy'

Charming.
PT Business: poshpollyprints.co.uk
Twitter: @pollardroy
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/roypollard/
Facebook: Roy Pollard

toadoftoadhall

« Reply #286 on: 13:53:44, 26/06/17 »
Merrell Kahuna sandals. Got Go Outdoors to price match, plus 10% off.  £54.

Peter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #287 on: 08:21:30, 27/06/17 »
My Wife has just texted me that she has bought me something 'for your hillwalking'
I've just texted back to ask what it is, thinking it may be some nice new stretchy trousers or some 1000 mile socks, but no

'I've bought you a T-reg Land Rover Freelander so you can [censored] off out in the snow when you're grumpy'

Charming.

You would rather have some new socks??  :o
I'll swap.... ::)
Peter
sometimes I fall off the learning curve....
Join: Yorkshire Dales Walking Buddies
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1783012625307

Requiem

• Veteran Member
« Reply #288 on: 09:47:45, 27/06/17 »

You would rather have some new socks??  :o
I'll swap.... ::)

Just given it a pootle up to White Edge and back to Chesterfield - the Brakes are LETHAL. Great fun. I'm keeping it.
PT Business: poshpollyprints.co.uk
Twitter: @pollardroy
Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/roypollard/
Facebook: Roy Pollard

photonut

« Reply #290 on: 08:30:35, 28/06/17 »
Following on from absolutely soaking feet after a walk around Grizedales (Malham) last Sunday I elected to purchase some new walking boots that will keep my feet dry.

My new purchase: Salomon 4d GTX boots (courtesy of a price match at Go Outdoors) .... OMG they felt like slippers when I tried them on compared to my previous boots.

Well worth the money if they do the job and I'm looking forward to testing them out this weekend  :)

Cheers
Lee
« Last Edit: 08:33:48, 28/06/17 by photonut »

Alan Kilroy

« Reply #291 on: 08:52:04, 28/06/17 »
Just got a pair of Montane Terra pants. They are what they are hyped up to be. Very good. Black, wasn't keen on the "patchy" look. Very thin and light material so will dry easily.
Got large and they're snug enough and I'm no chunker  :) .
Great pockets.
Sorted.  O0

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #292 on: 08:57:08, 28/06/17 »
My new purchase: Salomon 4d GTX boots (courtesy of a price match at Go Outdoors) ....

I've just got a pair too after returning my Salomon Quests, which were 10 months old, to Cotswold as they had leaked during my recent Pennine Way walk, causing a blister after about 40 years of blister free walking!

Cotswold were brilliant, immediate option of a refund or another pair of boots, and rather than choose the quests again I paid a bit more and got the 4d boots  O0
Where there's a will ...

Peter

• Veteran Member
« Reply #293 on: 10:05:31, 28/06/17 »
Just got a pair of Montane Terra pants. They are what they are hyped up to be. Very good. Black, wasn't keen on the "patchy" look. Very thin and light material so will dry easily.
Got large and they're snug enough and I'm no chunker  :) .
Great pockets.
Sorted.  O0

Chunker??   >:(    ;D

Nah seriously.. their XXL is a whopping 38" waist... that's 6" away from me.. (the wrong way). I want to wear good kit too... calling a 38 "XXL" is actually upsetting.
Peter
sometimes I fall off the learning curve....
Join: Yorkshire Dales Walking Buddies
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1783012625307

Bhod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #294 on: 11:29:17, 28/06/17 »
An OS OL4 weatherproof map.  Could have sworn I had one but no, good job I had the gpx file for Skiddaw Little Man and Skiddaw on the gps, a serious lack of forethought and planning on my side.  :-[
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake.

DK

« Reply #295 on: 14:11:49, 28/06/17 »

I've just got a pair too after returning my Salomon Quests, which were 10 months old, to Cotswold as they had leaked during my recent Pennine Way walk, causing a blister after about 40 years of blister free walking!

Cotswold were brilliant, immediate option of a refund or another pair of boots, and rather than choose the quests again I paid a bit more and got the 4d boots  O0

Bad news guys, the 4D's leak just as bad! I recommend sealskinz socks if it looks to be wet  ::)
We weren't born to just pay bills and die...

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #296 on: 15:51:17, 28/06/17 »
If you have boots that leak take them back  O0

I've used mainly Berghaus in the past which remained waterproof for many years.  The only other boots that leaked were a pair of Asolos, they too were replaced without issue.
Where there's a will ...

Alan Kilroy

« Reply #297 on: 20:30:01, 30/06/17 »
Just bought my first day pack (online  :-* ), an Osprey Talon 33.
Going on my first intro. hike in July.
Looking forward to it now  :D .

DK

« Reply #298 on: 20:37:09, 30/06/17 »
If you have boots that leak take them back  O0

I've used mainly Berghaus in the past which remained waterproof for many years.  The only other boots that leaked were a pair of Asolos, they too were replaced without issue.

These are the fourth pair since 2012 (obviously starting with the originals), each pair has been exchanged before the two year guarantee is up. That makes 5 years walking so far on the original price match outlay of £76, they can keep on leaking as far as I'm concerned but I keep them for dryish days now...  O0
We weren't born to just pay bills and die...

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #299 on: 20:45:38, 30/06/17 »
Finally tracked down a new pair of boots. O0   Exactly the same as my old pair, so I'm a happy hiker again. :)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy