Author Topic: Never Waste A Tip (sic)  (Read 2776 times)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Never Waste A Tip (sic)
« on: 16:54:53, 13/10/16 »
A old wardrobe I use for storage in the garage finally gave up the ghost yesterday so I broke it up and took its mortal remains to the Tiverton tip today.  Its a long way from our house to the tip and it was a nice day so after dropping it off we decided to go for a circular walk by the Great Western Canal so as not to waste the journey as it were.  A very pleasant 6 miler ending up in a pub for lunch. What a gem of a walk the GWC is and it makes a pleasant change from the usual moors.  We have decided to a bit more towpath work when the weather makes the moors a less attractive option.
Solvitur Ambulando

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: Never Waste A Tip (sic)
« Reply #1 on: 22:17:30, 13/10/16 »
I live within walking distance of my local tip - a flat but pleasant enough walk along a disused railway (or a jolly good old tolerated trespass on the old airfield/cowfield and trial/quad bike / mountain bike field  :) ).

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 23:10:53, 13/10/16 »
Its a long way from our house to the tip and it was a nice day so after dropping it off we decided to go for a circular walk by the Great Western Canal so as not to waste the journey as it were. 
Ah, but will you be able to include the tip next time ?
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 09:43:20, 14/10/16 »
Ah, but will you be able to include the tip next time ?

Not necessarily but the nearest Tesco is also close the the Great Western Canal so we can tie it in with a shopping trip too.

Our village has been described as 10 miles from anywhere and 25 miles from somewhere so mileages tend to be high and negotiating Devon lanes ain't fun so it is handy to have more than one reason for a trip. :)
Solvitur Ambulando

letmeoutofhere

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 16:24:43, 14/10/16 »
The GWC is a stunning facility, full of history and beauty.
While you're there, you're a stone's throw away from the Exe Valley Way. Look it up on good old Google. It runs from Exmoor, through Tiverton, all the way down to the coast, and you can do it in stages. Easy walking and route finding, and goes past a few decent pubs too.

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 16:44:44, 14/10/16 »
The GWC is a stunning facility, full of history and beauty.
While you're there, you're a stone's throw away from the Exe Valley Way. Look it up on good old Google. It runs from Exmoor, through Tiverton, all the way down to the coast, and you can do it in stages. Easy walking and route finding, and goes past a few decent pubs too.
We walked a small section of this in July while staying in Withypool. I can recommend the Royal Oak Inn - beer & food was as good as I've had anywhere.
The walking was good too  O0
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy