Author Topic: Parking  (Read 2754 times)

RF

Parking
« on: 15:03:44, 29/03/18 »

Hi thank you for allowing me onto your forum.  I know this may be tricky but I live down here in Pembrokeshire and I enjoy walking along our beaches.  Some of our beaches are remote, so the only way to access is by car busses don't do tide times!
So I am finding that the park charges upwards to £5 are a lot, well for me.  This makes the beaches off limits during the months  April to Sept or onwards if the National parks decide. 
I've contacted National Parks and they have replied that they need this money for work to the park areas suggesting that I could join and then would be able to park for free ?  I would be interested to hear any views on this. My main question here is How else can one access these areas.
Thanks
RF

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: Parking
« Reply #1 on: 16:20:30, 29/03/18 »
Welcome from Portsmouth. Me, I rarely ever pay, I'll drive miles for a free slot! If I want to park without cost I usually drive onto a local housing estate or some back street somewhere.

RogerA

« Reply #2 on: 16:38:00, 29/03/18 »
Yours is a point of view I havent previously considered - I dont live in or near a National Park and have often throught I'd love to for the accessible walks without ever giving a thought to parking costs which at £5 a day would mount up seriously fast.

I think I'll just continue to be jealous of where you live parking charges and all - for me I'd buy the membership and take full advantage of it - but thats just me.

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 16:38:13, 29/03/18 »
Have you thought about getting a bike?

alan de enfield

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 17:10:04, 29/03/18 »

My main question here is How else can one access these areas.
Thanks
RF

Have you considered a boat ? (or even a canoe).

Tin

« Reply #5 on: 17:41:02, 29/03/18 »
I must admit I was a little shocked by car-park charges when I first drove to Snowdonia, but then thought that for a day of walking/scrambling it was actually a bit of a bargain.

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 20:08:51, 31/03/18 »
Gwynedd council have now increased their overnight parking at Pen Y Pass, from the old £5 to £10, so that it aligns itself with the daytime charge.
According to the North Wales Weekly Post article, there are current discussions being made, that will see all parking charges in council run and maintained carparks, around Mount Snowdon, going up significantly.
No final levy charge has been decided upon, but the future charge will go up significantly.

All Gwynedd Council could say to counter argument the claim that it will deter tourists to the region, was that all the parking charges are used to maintain the various paths up the mountain.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy