Author Topic: Cnicht - Walk in memory of a friend  (Read 2878 times)

thevalleywalker

Cnicht - Walk in memory of a friend
« on: 15:31:16, 20/09/18 »
Last week I walked up Cnicht for the 1st time - couldn't have wished for better weather as well.  I managed to cobble together some pics and video and recorded it for posterity which if you are interested can be viewed here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KKR0YtzPdA0 [nofollow]  

« Last Edit: 15:35:36, 20/09/18 by thevalleywalker »

Jac

• Veteran Member
Re: Cnicht - Walk in memory of a friend
« Reply #1 on: 09:37:58, 21/09/18 »
Excellent video. Glorious day for a climb too. I'm putting it on the must do list :)
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 11:03:24, 21/09/18 »
I must admit to being a bit envious of people who have these camera and equipment skills. I have never tried to do such a thing, sometimes I wish I had. Although I've taken a few photos via my phone, thats all I've done. Most of my 'movies' and 'photos' are just in my head.

Maybe I need to consult with my daughter in law, who is a graphic designer and an expert of this sort of thing and try to make one proper record of one of my hikes before I'm too old to do it anymore.

I have two short movie records videod by her, the first of me erecting my tent, speeded up, with the Benny Hill end of show music playing in the background. The second as I meanader around my tent to check its all OK, she edited my movements to make me look like I was ballroom dancing on the grass.

I like your video, such a nice thought to do something in memory of someone else.

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 12:41:20, 21/09/18 »
Blimey how the weather has changed, as Cnicht this week would have been a no go area with such hostile weather, its a very exposed summit.
Ive only climbed it three times, as its not a straight forward peak to access, its one of those Snowdonia mountains you deliberately single out.
Either ascend from Croesor or Tanygrisia.

Its one of my favourite vistas from outside Tremadog, a really beautiful mountain, very shapely and un Snowdonia like, more of a  minature Alpine peak.

phil1960

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 20:36:38, 21/09/18 »
Enjoyed the video and brought back memories of two years ago when we did it from Croesor  O0 
Touching from a distance, further all the time.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 21:19:23, 22/09/18 »
What a lovely memory walk and tribute to your friend.

Thank you for posting  :)

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 08:12:38, 23/09/18 »
Lovely walk and video of this mountain which has been on my “to do” list since reading about Cnicht in “Trail”  O0
Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

thevalleywalker

« Reply #7 on: 01:53:40, 25/09/18 »
Excellent video. Glorious day for a climb too. I'm putting it on the must do list :)

Many thanks Jac, thanks for watching & commenting. I am sure you will enjoy the walk as much as I did.

thevalleywalker

« Reply #8 on: 01:56:51, 25/09/18 »
I must admit to being a bit envious of people who have these camera and equipment skills. I have never tried to do such a thing, sometimes I wish I had. Although I've taken a few photos via my phone, thats all I've done. Most of my 'movies' and 'photos' are just in my head.

Maybe I need to consult with my daughter in law, who is a graphic designer and an expert of this sort of thing and try to make one proper record of one of my hikes before I'm too old to do it anymore.

I have two short movie records videod by her, the first of me erecting my tent, speeded up, with the Benny Hill end of show music playing in the background. The second as I meanader around my tent to check its all OK, she edited my movements to make me look like I was ballroom dancing on the grass.

I like your video, such a nice thought to do something in memory of someone else.

Thanks for those kind words.  I must admit I have much video and content left on the cutting room floor as they say - not all I see or take gets out into thw world wide web..- thank goodness. Tere are many who do it really well and I wish I had an ounce of their talents. I enjoy what I do be it walking or taking pics - and and that is the main thing I suppose.. enjoyment.

thevalleywalker

« Reply #9 on: 01:58:02, 25/09/18 »
Blimey how the weather has changed, as Cnicht this week would have been a no go area with such hostile weather, its a very exposed summit.
Ive only climbed it three times, as its not a straight forward peak to access, its one of those Snowdonia mountains you deliberately single out.
Either ascend from Croesor or Tanygrisia.

Its one of my favourite vistas from outside Tremadog, a really beautiful mountain, very shapely and un Snowdonia like, more of a  minature Alpine peak.

Hopefully it won't be the last time I walk it... have got in my head that there is a wild camp on the offering near the lakes at the bottom.

thevalleywalker

« Reply #10 on: 01:59:09, 25/09/18 »
Enjoyed the video and brought back memories of two years ago when we did it from Croesor  O0

Thanks Phil,  glad it brought back a good memory for you. :)

thevalleywalker

« Reply #11 on: 01:59:53, 25/09/18 »
What a lovely memory walk and tribute to your friend.

Thank you for posting  :)

Thanks for watching & commenting, much appreciated :)

thevalleywalker

« Reply #12 on: 02:01:31, 25/09/18 »
Lovely walk and video of this mountain which has been on my “to do” list since reading about Cnicht in “Trail”  O0

Thanks Jontea, glad you liked it. You will love Cnicht for sure.

adalard

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 08:09:05, 25/09/18 »
What a superb video and what a lovely memorial to your friend. Really enjoyed that.   :)

It's a mountain that's been on my to-do list for a good while. The views look breathtaking.  O0

thevalleywalker

« Reply #14 on: 12:22:22, 25/09/18 »
What a superb video and what a lovely memorial to your friend. Really enjoyed that.   :)

It's a mountain that's been on my to-do list for a good while. The views look breathtaking.  O0

Thanks for your kind words..  I have been up n down North Wales for years but it's only since my visit in 2016 did I really get the urge to walk it - wished I had done it years ago.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy