Author Topic: Ben Lui query  (Read 1131 times)

henryb

• Veteran Member
Ben Lui query
« on: 19:37:23, 30/11/18 »
I'm thinking climbing Ben Lui from Tyndrum next summer. I'm looking for a walkers route to the summit which doesn't involve scrambling. My proposed route is Tyndrum to River Cononish picking up the good track to Allt an Rund. Cross the river and head for Allt coire Laoigh but not crossing it. Walk beside the river to Coire Laoigh to the saddle Ben Lui shares with Ben Oss. Turn right for the summit of Ben Lui. Is that route manageable for a walker? I don't have a head for heights so narrow ridges I would have to avoid. Is crossing the allt an rund easy enough or does it depend on how much rain there is? Would appreciate any feedback on this route. Thanks, Henry

vizzavona

• Veteran Member
Re: Ben Lui query
« Reply #1 on: 15:02:35, 02/12/18 »

Hello,
Have only been to Lui in winter by way of the Central couloir and then afterwards descending to the col to reach Ben Oss and Beinn Dubhchraig.  Would have thought that in summer conditions  the NE ridge would be a reasonable way up...of course if you don't fancy that the way up from the gap twixt Lui and Oss would be fine as an approach.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy