Author Topic: What's Your Latest Walking Kit Purchase?  (Read 292177 times)

taxino8

Re: What's Your Latest Walking Kit Purchase?
« Reply #615 on: 11:52:22, 09/01/19 »
Would be great later if you can post your experience with it, I suspect there are a few here who are considering something similar  O0
I’ll certainly do that but won’t need it in earnest until it warms up a bit, I don’t do cold!
Playing about with it it’s really easy to use and the test texts I’ve sent went instantaneously.
Registering it with Garmin Europe was also easy as was setting up a subscription, which incidentally I’ve gone on the Freedom Safety Plan at a cost of £15 per month for the months you want to use it.
You can suspend and reactivate that anytime.
It weighs next to nothing, feels well made and looks as though it could take some abuse without breaking.
I did a lot of research, particularly watching videos on YouTube that helped me decide and also helped me to get going once I got my hands on it.

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #616 on: 11:57:20, 09/01/19 »
Thanks for that, must have a good look at it  O0
Where there's a will ...

Couchwalker

« Reply #617 on: 16:19:33, 09/01/19 »
After months of deliberation, finally bit the bullet and bought a Osprey Talon 22. Hopefully big enough for the day hikes.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #618 on: 17:29:25, 09/01/19 »
After months of deliberation, finally bit the bullet and bought a Osprey Talon 22. Hopefully big enough for the day hikes.
  If it isn't, you are doing it wrong!
Solvitur Ambulando

wombat

« Reply #619 on: 18:01:00, 09/01/19 »
Berghaus Mera Peak jacket and a Montane Antifreeze jacket
As a result I am not allowed into Go Outdoors on my own anymore !!  :( :(

phil1960

• Veteran Member
« Reply #620 on: 19:38:43, 09/01/19 »
Berghaus Mera Peak jacket and a Montane Antifreeze jacket
As a result I am not allowed into Go Outdoors on my own anymore !!  :( :(
I had the older type Mera Peak, bit on the heavy side but an excellent bit of kit.
Touching from a distance, further all the time.

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #621 on: 20:13:33, 09/01/19 »
I had the older type Mera Peak, bit on the heavy side but an excellent bit of kit.
I also had the older style and loved the big pockets. I haven’t been able to find any jacket with similar sized pockets as the fashion now seems to be for closer fitting styles, which really doesn’t suit my frame.

phil1960

• Veteran Member
« Reply #622 on: 20:56:49, 09/01/19 »
Mine neither Mike, it’s been a while since my frame was racing snake proportions  ;D
Touching from a distance, further all the time.

Couchwalker

« Reply #623 on: 08:49:43, 10/01/19 »

Haha, I will quite probably be doing it wrong then!

taxino8

« Reply #624 on: 12:18:05, 19/01/19 »
I’ve just taken delivery of a Goal Zero Lighthouse Mini Lantern, got it a bit cheaper than anywhere else from
E-Outdoor.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #625 on: 12:41:00, 19/01/19 »
Depends What your doing. ;)

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #626 on: 14:09:00, 19/01/19 »
I’ve just taken delivery of a Goal Zero Lighthouse Mini Lantern, got it a bit cheaper than anywhere else from
E-Outdoor.

I'll be very interested to know what yours weighs.

It was in Goal Zero's Tech Specs as 68g, but mine received for Christmas is 78g on digital scales.
I took it up with them, response was a bit slow, they thought maybe I was talking about the wrong lantern, I had to send them photos, and the end result amounted to little more than 'we'll look into it'.
I just checked on their website, they've since dropped the grammes from the specs and just state 2.4oz - which converted is 68g. Amazon, meanwhile, says 73g.

taxino8

« Reply #627 on: 17:28:27, 19/01/19 »

It was in Goal Zero's Tech Specs as 68g, but mine received for Christmas is 78g on digital scales.
I took it up with them, response was a bit slow, they thought maybe I was talking about the wrong lantern, I had to send them photos, and the end result amounted to little more than 'we'll look into it'.
I just checked on their website, they've since dropped the grammes from the specs and just state 2.4oz - which converted is 68g. Amazon, meanwhile, says 73g.
You must have the Micro Mini which is not what I have, mine is the Lighthouse Mini, spec on that says 226.8g but I’ve weighed mine on very accurate scales that I’ve just calibrated and mine comes in at 234.77g.

taxino8

« Reply #628 on: 20:54:53, 19/01/19 »
A
« Last Edit: 20:58:19, 19/01/19 by taxino8 »

taxino8

« Reply #629 on: 22:03:16, 19/01/19 »

Thanks Fenman, you’ve just made me press the “add to basket” button on Amazon as I’ve looked at the one you have and decided I needed one too, just don’t tell my wife.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy