Author Topic: Can you help find this great country pub?  (Read 2846 times)

ninthace

• Veteran Member
Re: Can you help find this great country pub?
« Reply #15 on: 21:44:08, 17/04/19 »
Also you could use GoogleEarth which shows pubs and then you could use it to do a virtual drive by with StreetView which may jog your memory.
Solvitur Ambulando

Jim Parkin

« Reply #16 on: 22:06:27, 17/04/19 »
Any idea how long you were driving back to Stockport before getting to the pub?  Were you before or after Buxton, for example? 

Thinking about pubs that go in for a lot of decoration on that route, and The Hanging Gate in Chapel would fit.  I've never been in, though.

nitro1980

« Reply #17 on: 11:53:15, 18/04/19 »
Thinking about pubs that go in for a lot of decoration on that route, and The Hanging Gate in Chapel would fit.  I've never been in, though.

That’s the one, The Hanging Gate! But further off the route than I thought we took, but after looking at this one online it all matches. Thanks everyone, including the tips about bank statements, wasn’t needed but I’ll remember that for the future as it’s a great tip 👍

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 18:41:56, 18/04/19 »

Only just seen this thread but glad you found your pub.

Just to add, I’ve been in The Hanging Gate a few times for meals as it’s in my back yard so to speak. The decorations they do in the pub at Christmas time are truly amazing. Very popular pub  O0
Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

nitro1980

« Reply #19 on: 09:16:48, 19/04/19 »
Just to add, I’ve been in The Hanging Gate a few times for meals as it’s in my back yard so to speak. The decorations they do in the pub at Christmas time are truly amazing. Very popular pub  O0

Great, we are now booked in for an Easter meal along with our little boy 👍. I’ll feedback after if it was all that we remembered and liked about it.

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 10:43:44, 19/04/19 »
Glad to hear you've found your pub and were able to book a table too. What a lovely Easter treat for your family. Presumably your other half has called off the divorce for the time being  :D

nitro1980

« Reply #21 on: 13:30:07, 19/04/19 »
Glad to hear you've found your pub and were able to book a table too. What a lovely Easter treat for your family. Presumably your other half has called off the divorce for the time being  :D

Yeah, all happy families now  :D

Jim Parkin

« Reply #22 on: 18:31:32, 19/04/19 »

Only just seen this thread but glad you found your pub.

I'm in Chapel, so if you fancy meeting up for aqny walks at short notice, I might be available...

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 18:41:31, 19/04/19 »
I'm in Chapel, so if you fancy meeting up for aqny walks at short notice, I might be available...
Say a prayer for me while you're there.
Solvitur Ambulando

nitro1980

« Reply #24 on: 19:52:20, 21/04/19 »
Just like to say after we visited today that the marinated Lamb dish was excellent as hoped. Thanks all.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy