Author Topic: Seathwaite - Scafell  (Read 1946 times)

AndrewDiaper

Seathwaite - Scafell
« on: 16:23:11, 17/07/07 »
Hi all! I am hoping to climb Scafell Pike from Seathwaite as I hear that this is the nicest/least touisty route!!

however, I am in need of a campsite in Seathwaite...I have one showing on my map right at the beginning of the route, but I can't find it on the wonderful world wide web!!!

can anyone help? thanks,
Andrew

marmot

Re: Seathwaite - Scafell
« Reply #2 on: 20:01:49, 24/07/07 »
If you're wanting it quiet, that is not the least touristy route, many people climb Great Gable from there too.
I'd recommend from Wasdale via Piers Gill or from Eskdale via Great Moss, both have campsite choices close to the starts of the walks.
Or if you want it really quiet climb Scafell instead of Scafell Pike, it's arguably better anyway.

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 20:56:11, 24/07/07 »
If you're wanting it quiet, that is not the least touristy route, many people climb Great Gable from there too.
I'd recommend from Wasdale via Piers Gill or from Eskdale via Great Moss, both have campsite choices close to the starts of the walks.
Or if you want it really quiet climb Scafell instead of Scafell Pike, it's arguably better anyway.

We went up Scafell at the beginning of June via the terrace route as we were staying at Wha House Farm cottage. We never saw a soul until we descended to Burnmoor Tarn yet on the Pike there were bodies arriving from all directions.

Dave
http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/
« Last Edit: 20:59:38, 24/07/07 by KIDSTYPIKE »

AndrewDiaper

« Reply #4 on: 17:06:34, 30/07/07 »
thanks to everyone who replied...we've decided to stay at seathwaite and climb scafell pike from there...ive heard from quite a few people that scafell is nicer than scafell pike...but the general point is to get to the highest point in England...cheesy, but there you go!!

thanks again, and ill let you know how we get on!!
Andrew

summitzero

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 10:05:05, 20/09/07 »
How did you get on ?

Happy / disapointed ?

Wish you had stayed in the cafe or gone fishing at the trout farm instead ?

Maybe an other mountain instead or was it just great and really amazing ?

Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy