Author Topic: What's Your BEST Places To Walk In Pembrokeshire?  (Read 3175 times)

WestCoastLiving

It's no lie... Me and my family love Pembrokeshire!

There are so many breath-taking walks, it is hard to pick a favourite.

Where have you been that stands out to you the most?

What I would like to do is post in this thread some places we visit from time-to-time and give you ideas on where you can go and discuss places we have both been.

I will get it started with a more recent trip that I really enjoy...

Porthgain Harbour to Traeth Llyfn Beach.

I do have a link I can share, if it is okay with the moderators, which covers this in detail and has a video that I produced showcasing this wonderful route?

Exploring The Pembrokeshire Coast | Westcoastliving.net [nofollow] | VBlogger

Guy

Re: What's Your BEST Places To Walk In Pembrokeshire?
« Reply #1 on: 13:08:33, 13/10/20 »
Traeth Llyfn is one of my favourite beaches in Pembrokeshire.  We used to go there as a family when I was kid - back when you could drive through the farm and park directly on the headland (latterly in a carpark). The path down to the beach also used to be cut into the cliff before the metal steps were put in.  You can still see the remnants of the carpark and the steps.

Sorry not really walking related but good memories!

Birdman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 13:21:33, 13/10/20 »
I've only been to St David (twice) and walked the coastline in that area. Fantastic! It was in August and around that time the seals have their pups. The mothers are suckling them in deserted coves below where you walk. The pups cry like human babies! Landscape is stunning and so is nature in general there.
My travel and walking reports: https://www.hikingbirdman.com/

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 17:15:32, 13/10/20 »
I like the small seaside village of llanstephan, just up the coast from Carmarthen and laugharne.
It has that beautiful  coastal estuary, looking over towards Ferryside and Kidwelly, an ornithologists dream destination for some of the migrant birds that appear on the mudflats

You can fully understand why Dylan Marlais Thomas liked the area, and took the inspiration for much of his great poetry and his famous play for voices,  Under Milk Wood.

I went to Trinity College in Carmarthen so i know the area exceedingly well, and if push came to a shuv i could easily live there.

Its a bit like Dyffryn, but far busier.

rambling minster

« Reply #4 on: 18:46:56, 13/10/20 »
walked between St Dogmaels and Marloes on the Pembrokeshire Coast Path in 2016. Cannot really pick a favourite bit as it was all fantastic. The highlight was the boat trip to Skomer, and seeing the acrobatic choughs throughout the walk - a lot of them between Pwll Deri and Solva

would do it again in a hearbeat
« Last Edit: 21:15:17, 13/10/20 by rambling minster »

[Rgmw]largie

« Reply #5 on: 16:36:43, 16/01/21 »
I've walked a few bits of the path, St David's to Whitesands is fabulous but my favourite memory is waking up around 4Am in a bivvy bag , in the windmill farm  campsite overlooking Dale harbour. (Walking Milford Haven to St Martin's Haven)
Cheers
Dave

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 18:09:18, 22/01/21 »
Parking my car in Mynachlog-ddu, up the road from Crymech, and then venturing amongst the Presselis.

Just superb walking country, and even though its a 102 mile journey from home, and a further 102 back, its a trip ive done several times.

A bit like the Rhinogs up the road from my home, you rarely see anyone else walking this part of the Pembrokeshire National Park, but it offers huge rewards for those who make the effort
« Last Edit: 18:13:32, 22/01/21 by Dyffryn Ardudwy »

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 13:07:15, 23/01/21 »
Thoroughly enjoyed all the Pembrokeshire coastpath.  It's very similar to the SWCP but the little hopper buses make it much easier to walk in sections.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy