Author Topic: Limestone way - anyone walked it?  (Read 1314 times)

kkm

Limestone way - anyone walked it?
« on: 22:24:27, 28/02/09 »
Has anyone walked the Limestone way?  if so, what did you think? how does it compare with other Long distance walks?

thinking of having a go at it as a bit of a charity challenge, probably camping along the way, so any info would be appreciated.   :)

kkm

Re: Limestone way - anyone walked it?
« Reply #1 on: 14:48:23, 02/03/09 »
anyone??? 

SteveInLeicester

Re: Limestone way - anyone walked it?
« Reply #2 on: 21:31:21, 02/03/09 »
hi KKM,
I walked and camped along the Limestone Way last summer. I suppose it depends what you're into but,  as someone who likes the hills, I didn't find it very inspiring. I did it over 4 days, starting from Castleton and the first 2 days were fine. Not really challenging but enough variation and scenery to make it interesting. However the further south I got, the more bored I got. Walking down farm tracks with drystone walls too high to see over wasn't my idea of fun. If I wasn't so stubborn I'd have packed it in about half way. I did it alone though, and maybe if I'd have had some company I might have been a bit less bored.

Still, it's just my opinion . As I said, it depends what you're into but I must admit if I was planning a 50 mile or so LDP I'd try the Herriot Way.

Hope that helps and I'm sorry if it puts you off

Steve

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy