Author Topic: South Downs Way accommodation  (Read 999 times)

forstalls

South Downs Way accommodation
« on: 17:11:05, 19/03/09 »
Hello to all

New to the site and am hoping to walk the south downs way over easter 6-10 April but am having real trouble locating decently priced accomodation for my walk.
All the B&B's seem to be £70-£80 for the night which is a tad out of my range and places to stay in general seem to be very stretched out.
I'm aiming for 15 - 20miles per day and hoping to finish or get as near to it as possible before my holiday time runs out!

Has anyone who has walked this got an example itinerary or recommendations of cheap/cheerful places to stop off?
I do have a tent but it's rather heavy and not ideal for carrying but I will if this will give me more chance of finding somewhere to stay.
This will be the first long trail I've done and was really excited about it, but the more I investigate and plan the more down heartened I'm getting.

Any advice?
Thanks

:)

ramblingpete

• Veteran Member
Re: South Downs Way accommodation
« Reply #1 on: 07:59:24, 20/03/09 »
I bumped into an old schoolfriend that I haven't seen for many years. He told me he now lives right on the South Downs Way. He works for BA, so hopefully his B&B works more efficiently, and your baggage doesn't get stuck.

I have no idea about the standards, but he assured me that they haven't had any complaints yet. He was amazed at how nice all of the walkers and bikers are, and I don't think they charge a fortune (but that was last year!)

Anyway here is their address and contact numbers:

Dave & Louise
The White House B&B
Church Lane
Pyecombe

Phone: 01273 846563 Mobile: 07760175347

Good luck

forstalls

Re: South Downs Way accommodation
« Reply #2 on: 08:32:44, 20/03/09 »
Thanks for the recommendation :-)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy