Author Topic: Three Ways House Walking Weekend  (Read 6786 times)

SLB

Three Ways House Walking Weekend
« on: 13:07:18, 04/07/06 »
I have recently attended a Walking Weekend at Three Ways House Hotel, Mickleton.  It is in the north of the Cotswolds and offers great value walking weekends a great way to see this beautiful part of the country.  Has anyone else found this gem?!

Landgirl

Re: Three Ways House Walking Weekend
« Reply #1 on: 20:24:01, 30/07/06 »
Isn't this the Pudding Club place? Did you eat lots of jam roly poly and spotted dick in between your walks?
I've considered the walking breaks offered here but they are a bit expensive - did you think it was value for money?

SLB

« Reply #2 on: 21:15:16, 30/07/06 »
Yes it's definatly value for money.  I arrived on the Friday night and attended a meeting of the Pudding Club which was a fun evening and gave me a chance to meet other walkers.  I had a main course then 7 puddings, yes 7, it was great fun!      The walks on both Saturday and Sunday were led by a Cotswold Warden so not only were the walks themselves lovely we also learnt some things too!  Big English breakfasts start the day off and a three course meal on Satuday evening, yum!  Friendly staff and nice rooms.  You should try it!

Landgirl

« Reply #3 on: 18:47:35, 31/07/06 »
I've just had a peep at their website and there's a gorgeous recipe for a cake made with raspberries, chocolate and cream - sounds heavenly, and must be OK if I go for a walk after eating it! Is it suitable for a lone woman? My partner isn't so keen on walking!

Jules

« Reply #4 on: 13:18:25, 01/08/06 »
Hey,

Thanks for the tip, this looks great, and personally speaking, I'd love to wake up in a box of chocolates!  That room looks amazing.

Will check it out

Thanks

Jules  :)
Jules
:-)

SLB

« Reply #5 on: 00:07:35, 06/08/06 »
In answer to Landgirl, yes it's suitable for a single person as you get to know everyone on the weekend, it's very friendly and if your partner does not want to walk he/she can still stay. :)

walkinggirluk

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 14:08:22, 15/09/06 »
it looks fantastic were the walks long or short ones i dont mind the short walk but do enjoy  long ones
peace and tranquillity in the countryside. clean your rubbish up after you  respect it.

clean it bin it

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy