Author Topic: Virtual Walks Using Google Street View  (Read 1380 times)

Mel

• Veteran Member
Re: Virtual Walks Using Google Street View
« Reply #15 on: 23:09:59, 23/03/20 »
I hope you haven’t been spying on me Mel :-\

Mwuaaaahhahahahah..... you will never know for sure  >:D    

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #16 on: 08:54:26, 24/03/20 »
'One form of exercise a day will be allowed - for example a run, walk or cycle - alone or with members of your household.'
Just make it a long one...

Wondering if I am meant to go from my home for a long walk around the streets (when I will almost certainly encounter other people) or if driving 25 miles, say, for a walk in countryside (where I would meet very few people) will be accepted.

As an aside, I google street view people's houses on a daily basis as part of my job  :-[

Got me wondering now who you work for - MI5? The police?
Doh, it must be council planning department or an estate agent.

lightweightmick

« Reply #17 on: 10:11:49, 24/03/20 »
Wondering if I am meant to go from my home for a long walk around the streets (when I will almost certainly encounter other people) or if driving 25 miles, say, for a walk in countryside (where I would meet very few people) will be accepted.

From home:
https://www.grough.co.uk/magazine/2020/03/23/mountain-council-hillwalking-and-climbing-on-hold-as-covid-19-closures-gather-pace
Use a smiley ...you know it makes sense

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
« Reply #18 on: 20:55:23, 24/03/20 »
'One form of exercise a day will be allowed - for example a run, walk or cycle - alone or with members of your household.'
Just make it a long one...
I feel sorry for triathletes. I thought it was more that we were only allowed out once to exercise, rather than that we could only attempt one type of exercise.

Strider

• Veteran Member
« Reply #19 on: 21:04:51, 24/03/20 »

Went for a walk to the edge of town earlier and passed a few people, some with dogs, some without, mostly trying to keep their distance.  I could go for a fifteen-minute drive and walk somewhere without meeting anybody.  I live in a town of 30,000 people in what is otherwise one of the least-densely populated areas of the country.  What's the 'common sense' thing to do?
Not all those who wander are lost

pauldawes

• Veteran Member
« Reply #20 on: 21:44:48, 24/03/20 »
Went for a walk to the edge of town earlier and passed a few people, some with dogs, some without, mostly trying to keep their distance.  I could go for a fifteen-minute drive and walk somewhere without meeting anybody.  I live in a town of 30,000 people in what is otherwise one of the least-densely populated areas of the country.  What's the 'common sense' thing to do?

What do you think yourself??

Strangely..I don’t have a mega strong bias on this myself..just a slight one, that will result in me just doing local walks from my local doorstep: I think when so many country dwellers are asking us to stay away for a few weeks, I’m happy to go along along for once.

Of course, once things are back to normal, will be back to country rambles again.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #21 on: 23:40:50, 24/03/20 »

I've just pondered the same sort of thing in the "Coronavirus measures" thread!

My "common sense" thought is travelling to somewhere more remote where the chance of bumping into other people is a far better "risk reductive" way of getting your daily allowance of exercise than remaining within a more urban area where the risk of bumping into other people is higher.  There's nothing in the gov.uk blurb to say you can't travel for this reason (it only mentions travel in relation to work).

... Then again, I'm a woman so my common sense may be null and void  :D

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #22 on: 23:43:57, 24/03/20 »
Got me wondering now who you work for - MI5? The police?
Doh, it must be council planning department or an estate agent.

Wrong on all counts  :)   

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #23 on: 00:20:19, 25/03/20 »

I've just pondered the same sort of thing in the "Coronavirus measures" thread!

My "common sense" thought is travelling to somewhere more remote where the chance of bumping into other people is a far better "risk reductive" way of getting your daily allowance of exercise than remaining within a more urban area where the risk of bumping into other people is higher.  There's nothing in the gov.uk blurb to say you can't travel for this reason (it only mentions travel in relation to work).

... Then again, I'm a woman so my common sense may be null and void  :D
The advice is only travel if you have to, to go to work, to shop, to visit someone who needs care or for medical reasons.  You do not have to travel to walk.  The more cars on the road, the harder this will be to police.  Stop looking for loopholes, stay home and only travel for the reasons stated.
Solvitur Ambulando

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #24 on: 00:53:56, 25/03/20 »
I’m not looking for loopholes, merely trying to understand the guidance.  It’s interesting that you interpret the wording differently to me though.

SteamyTea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #25 on: 07:39:36, 25/03/20 »
The advice is only travel if you have to, to go to work, to shop, to visit someone who needs care or for medical reasons.  You do not have to travel to walk.  The more cars on the road, the harder this will be to police.  Stop looking for loopholes, stay home and only travelfor the reasons stated.
Yes.  Driving increases the risk of accidents that may need hospitalisation, a place you don't want to go to at the moment.

I don't use emojis, irony is better, you decide

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy