Author Topic: Can anyone help me with a route - including Bothy overnighter  (Read 1092 times)

Nick L

Hello

I am new to the forum and would like some help with a route please.

I'm starting to plan for a walk later in the year which I will complete with a friend of mine. We did the Limestone Way last year and found that with the tent etc it was quite a bit of kit to carry - I don't have one of the extra light tents unfortunately.

This time round I would like to try stopping over in a Bothy, ideally with a fireplace so we can take a couple of Firelogs. (I'll probably wait until its colder again before we do the walk)
I'm trying to keep the walk in Peak District if possible as I live in Derby and it will save on time and fuel for travelling. But if the Lakes is going to be a better bet thats OK too.

I'd like to go for about 30 miles over the two days and stop in the Bothy overnight at about half way.

If anyone knows of a good Bothy or could even suggest a route that would e really helpful.

Thanks

Nick

summitzero

• Veteran Member
How about Carlise to Keswick?

theirs a bothy around half way, just after a little assent, cant remember if theirs a fire place sorry.

i am away for around 7/9 days but if its not to late when i get back, i will have a good think  :D
Are we there yet ?   http://walkingforlife.piczo.com

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy