Author Topic: Walking the Peddars Way and Norfolk Coast Path (virtually!)  (Read 3294 times)

MarkT

Well done Dave for completing the PWNCP, it's been good to compare the virtual route to how I done it. Shame you couldn't camp along the way, there are some good sites and pubs  :)

And yes the ending is disappointing. I approached the finish along the beach you can see on your last picture. At the bottom of the slope on the left hand side was this

Wasn't sure what to expect but maybe some kind of sign but the start in Hunstanton, for just the NCP is the same.The trail was my first and want to do another. I was supposedly going to the Isle of Wight in June to walk around the island (not a National Trail) but that's obviously off. I wander if that's on your tread mill? Otherwise, whats next?

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
It looks like the last stretch of the coast wasn’t as interesting as the rest. ...

I think the highlight of the PWNCP was the area between Hunstanton and Cromer because of the dunes and fantastic beaches. The PW path began well, but became a bit boring because the way was dead straight and completely flat. The last part of the NCP had some great beaches too, but it was very seaside-y and full of holiday sites.

Having said all that, Street View only provides a narrow view of the world. I'm not sure what the angle of view is, but while walking it seems to be about 45 degrees to each side. Also, sunny days make everything look much better - more alive, while dim wintery days are drab and don't do the areas justice.
Walk, Jog, Run : our YouTube video channel.

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
Thanks Mark.  :)  And thanks too for the sign that I couldn't find.   O0

Arriving at the end along the beach would have been better than having to go through yet another caravan park, but that's the way the trail cameraperson went so I didn't have a choice.  ;) 

I've walked the North Downs Way in real life and the Pembrokeshire Coast Path, the Cleveland Way and the PWNCP by treadmill. I think the start/finish markers for each of those can also be rated in that order - best to worst!

rural roamer

• Veteran Member
Well done for completing yet another trail! I believe that the Norfolk Coast Path originally ended at Cromer, maybe it should have stayed that way!

Mel

• Veteran Member
Yes, well done on completing your PWNCP  O0

Are you planning any more treadmill treks now we have been set free?

WhitstableDave

• Veteran Member
Yes, well done on completing your PWNCP  O0

Are you planning any more treadmill treks now we have been set free?

Thanks Mel.  :)

This morning, my wife and I will be heading out for our first walk together in more than six weeks, but I'm not ready to resume the normal routine just yet so I'll definitely be looking for my next virtual trek later.  8)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy