Author Topic: Get walking to beat breast cancer  (Read 611 times)

breastcancercampaign

Get walking to beat breast cancer
« on: 10:18:00, 06/01/09 »
Hi all, happy new year!! I'm new to this site so I just wanted to say hi and introduce myself...my name is Louise and I work for a breast cancer charity called Breast Cancer Campaign. Throughout the year we hold a number of Friendship Walks so I thought this would be the perfect place to tell you about them - and hopefully encourage you to join us!

The idea is simple - join us on our flagship walks and encourage family and friends to sponsor you and help us to keep funding vital breast cancer research! The next walk we have is at Knowsley Safari Park in Liverpool on Sunday 8th March - it's a 5k stroll and suitable for people of all ages!  So, as I know you all love to lace up your walking boots and head for the great outdoors, why not do it for this very worthwhile cause?  If you'd like more info, please email me at [email protected] [nofollow] I'll post info about our other walks as and when they take place so watch this space...

In April we will be launching a new walking initiative to encourage people to walk a step for every person diagnosed with breast cancer each year - that's 46,000! Can you do it in 46 hours and raise sponsorship along the way? Please get in touch if you'd like more info!

Thanks everyone - happy walking!
Louise x

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy