Author Topic: Hill/Mountain walking meetup??  (Read 978 times)

branchini1979

Hill/Mountain walking meetup??
« on: 09:47:01, 30/12/19 »
Hi Guys,

I am looking at doing some walks in the spring/summer and looking into various places, be it North Wales, Lakes, Peaks etc.
My problem is I am at a stage where my friends have young kids and find it hard to go away longer than a few days and this means that I often now have to do the thing I enjoy, hill walking by myself.

I did this when I climb Nevis last summer, which was fine but I am a sociable person, who likes to chat about all things and would be nice to join people for a walk.

I know there are rules about using this forum, in terms of meeting up for walks but could any of you guys point me the way to where I could go to talk to fellow walkers who want to go on walks with other people.

Thank you for your help :)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: Hill/Mountain walking meetup??
« Reply #1 on: 10:35:06, 30/12/19 »
For the past few years, one or more members have organised a 'meet' and I've managed to attend a few. Great fun and I've really enjoyed myself. Last year we climbed Sharp Edge, my first time! I do not have organising skills but I'm hoping that one will be organised for this year as well.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 12:30:37, 30/12/19 »
An internet search under "Ramblers" or "Walking Groups" should turn up like minded folk near you or the area you are interested in.
Solvitur Ambulando

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 12:55:23, 30/12/19 »
Hi branchini - get involved with the forum :)

I believe that once you have made 25 posts you can request access to the Meet Ups board if you wish.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

snoopdawg

« Reply #4 on: 14:59:49, 30/12/19 »
Hi branchini - get involved with the forum :)

I believe that once you have made 25 posts you can request access to the Meet Ups board if you wish.

Don't expect a quick response though in a request to joining the meet up boards, think I've been waiting about 10 weeks now   ;)

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 22:19:07, 30/12/19 »
Don't expect a quick response though in a request to joining the meet up boards, think I've been waiting about 10 weeks now   ;)

Wow - was pretty quick for me. Perhaps try again? Admin are only human.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Sleepy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 23:31:07, 31/12/19 »
An internet search under "Ramblers" or "Walking Groups" should turn up like minded folk near you or the area you are interested in.

No offence intended but that struck me as particularly bizarre on a walking forum!

The meet ups board sadly isn't what it once was but people do still make the effort and, as I've said before, outline what you wish to do and what (if anything) you'd like help with and you've a good chance of it turning into a meet  O0

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy