Author Topic: Meindl boots  (Read 1362 times)

Sharp

Meindl boots
« on: 22:36:07, 07/09/08 »
Just bought a pair of £105 'Meindl Maine' walking boots (I thought) but having worn them for a few days I notice inside the tongue they're marked 'Cat. A' which according to manufacturer's booklet are suitable for 'everyday & leisure use.'
Rather naively I didn't realize there were so many different grades of boot.
Prior to this I've always used Hi Tech leather boots from Milletts (£50) which I've been happy with but I fancied something lighter as they can feel a bit cumbersome on rock.
I'm going to Switzerland shortly (Eiger Trail) and am now worried these are too light.
If anyone has experience of these, I would be grateful for their comments.

Many thanks

Walking Englishman

Re: Meindl boots
« Reply #1 on: 17:00:07, 10/09/08 »
I have used a pair of Meindl Borneo Pro for a few years now - comfortable from the first wear and clearly the best boots I have ever used.
I'm a walker on the edge of my perception. We're all travellers at the edge of our perceptions.

springsoles

« Reply #2 on: 13:16:16, 11/09/08 »
I've not actually used those boots myself but my mate uses them. He reckons they're pretty decent, but not a hardcore boot.
Want to increase endurance and eliminate shin splints?

Try the worlds only performance enhancing insole!

At - http://SPRINGSOLES.co.uk [nofollow]

coral

« Reply #3 on: 16:30:58, 16/09/08 »
i bought a pair of meindl cat. B boots and wondered if they were gonna be good enough for lake district hikes in the winter...but they're totally brilliant.
I dont know about cat. A but i would say that meindl boots are the best I've had. so comfortable for long days. and very tough.
so if they look the sort that can do the job, then they will be fine. The grading is a bit misleading i reckon. (opinion only...dont go quoting me!)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy