Author Topic: Lidl gear  (Read 2615 times)

Chris Nowak

Lidl gear
« on: 16:59:21, 12/09/08 »
Anyone know whether any of this stuff at Lidl is any use?

muymalestado

Re: Lidl gear
« Reply #1 on: 19:39:26, 12/09/08 »
Yes, some of it is OK.  Some is k*ip.  You have to look at it to judge - but that is exactly why the offers are made, to get you into the store.  ;D
I think this next one will be the top ...

karen_the_artist

« Reply #2 on: 22:04:58, 12/09/08 »
I have a zip-off pair of hiking trousers I bought a couple of years ago from Lidl and they've been great.  Cost me £6.99 and shower repellent.
Karen - lurking somewhere in Perthshire, Scotland

springsoles

« Reply #3 on: 11:42:10, 14/09/08 »
Can't really say anything has caought my eye from there.
Want to increase endurance and eliminate shin splints?

Try the worlds only performance enhancing insole!

At - http://SPRINGSOLES.co.uk [nofollow]

Steelystan

« Reply #4 on: 08:34:01, 15/09/08 »
I think I got bargain of the year in Go Outdoors driving up to Cumbria on Friday. I picked up a Paramo Analogy full length hooded coat for my wife for £50 reduced from£200. I checked twice for faults but it's perect and we saw the same coat on Sunday in Keswick full price so it's not even last years stock.
178/214.

stevieboy378

« Reply #5 on: 08:42:30, 15/09/08 »
I think I got bargain of the year in Go Outdoors driving up to Cumbria on Friday. I picked up a Paramo Analogy full length hooded coat for my wife for £50 reduced from£200. I checked twice for faults but it's perect and we saw the same coat on Sunday in Keswick full price so it's not even last years stock.

Is this the place on the right hand side of the road from the M6 into Windermere ? If it is its a good shop, and I've had some bargains from there myself, although it was called Lakeland Great Outdoors last time I was in there, which was 2 or 3 years ago . . . .
I've noticed quite a few of these Go Outdoors shops springing up in the Peak District - I'll have to take a look next time I'm there . . . .
"Weaseling out of things is important to learn. It's what separates us from the animals ! . . .
. . . .except the weasels." - Homer Simpson

Steve Wilcox

legs-o-lead

• Veteran Member
Lidl Gear Rocks....
« Reply #6 on: 09:40:21, 15/09/08 »
Did a 3-day cycle tour last year with a £3 self inflating pillow from Lidl....... made my night(s) as it were...... !!! ;D
Courage doesn't always roar like a lion. Sometimes courage is a small voice at the end of a long hard day saying "I'll try again tomorrow".

Steelystan

« Reply #7 on: 14:06:59, 16/09/08 »
Is this the place on the right hand side of the road from the M6 into Windermere ? If it is its a good shop, and I've had some bargains from there myself, although it was called Lakeland Great Outdoors last time I was in there, which was 2 or 3 years ago . . . .
I've noticed quite a few of these Go Outdoors shops springing up in the Peak District - I'll have to take a look next time I'm there . . . .

No. Its the one in Coventry which is nearly on the way from Kettering to lakes.  They had all sorts of bargains.  I think they are a chain so other stores may exist nearer the

SS
178/214.

Skinny Walker

« Reply #8 on: 15:41:17, 16/09/08 »
Go Outdoors is great, there are quite a few around (especially a big one near Wakefield)

http://www.gooutdoors.co.uk/

Bear in mind you need a Go Outdoors card (£7) else you end up paying an inflated price.

They are also a bit hit and miss when it comes to having a good range of sizes for all ranges. If you are taking advice on Boots make sure you choose your helper wisely (however every single one is better than the best at Blacks!)
You need special shoes for hiking - and a bit of a special soul as well.  ~Emme Woodhull-Bäche

Steelystan

« Reply #9 on: 14:06:32, 17/09/08 »
Bear in mind you need a Go Outdoors card (£7) else you end up paying an inflated price.

They are also a bit hit and miss when it comes to having a good range of sizes for all ranges. If you are taking advice on Boots make sure you choose your helper wisely (however every single one is better than the best at Blacks!)

Actually, Chubby, my discount card was only £4, but it makes a big difference as there's always 15% off everything with it, and most stuff on the bargain rails is only available if you have one.  Their "full" price is generally the same as other places, so the card gives a proper discount I've found. 

My boot salesman was absolutely great.  Very patient while I tried on lots of boots, and really knew what he was talking about too.

SS
178/214.

Skinny Walker

« Reply #10 on: 08:18:56, 18/09/08 »
Thanks SS, I stand corrected.....or I got ripped off ;D ;D

I have had one absolutely excellent boot salesman (spent anout 45 mins reccomending boots and getting me pairs to try on, only to suggest a new pair of insoles for my old ones, I guess not much of a salesman....serviceman maybe?)

I have also had one absolutely terrible one who didn't hae a clue...
You need special shoes for hiking - and a bit of a special soul as well.  ~Emme Woodhull-Bäche

Cat

« Reply #11 on: 09:23:41, 19/09/08 »
Just to say I bought a new cotton sleeping bag liner in Aldi for £3 the other day, really chuffed as it'll save me buying a new sleeping bag for another couple of months

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy