Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 276237 times)

bricam2096

• Veteran Member
Well, seeing as there is a thread to talk about what walk(s) people are doing at the weekend, I thought we should have a similar one to talk about where people are walking DURING the week as some members are retired, walk on days off during the week or walk while on a holiday week.

Sooooo, I'll start.......... Tue and Wed this week I'll be walking along some of the Pennine Way, will be getting the train to Hebden Bridge on Tue then join the Pennine Way until after Top Withins then along the Bronte Way into Haworth for the night.

On Wed, I retrace my steps along the Bronte Way to where I left the Pennine Way the day before and continue along the PW until Gargrave, then get the train home  O0
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

Glyno

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #1 on: 16:28:09, 19/09/16 »
I'll be in Snowdonia on Thursday, not decided exactly where yet

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 16:31:41, 19/09/16 »
Pretty much every week, generally Tuesdays, I'm somewhere on the South Downs.  Wish it was Wales or the Peak District but too far for a day walk  O0
Where there's a will ...

youradvocate

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 17:05:44, 19/09/16 »
I'm usually in one of three places. Firstly, over the north side of Portsdown Hill, Portsmouth, miles of footpathes between Denmead in the north, Waterlooville to the east and Fareham to the west. Secondly, running around Havant Thicket, especially when its wet and thirdly somewhere in and around Queen Elizabeth Country Park.

keithie

« Reply #4 on: 18:59:33, 19/09/16 »
Weds or Thurs I'll probably be walking part of the PW to take in the Historic Cheshire County top and sometime between Thurs and Sunday I'll probably be walking another part of the PW up at The Cheviot ...should be fun!

phil1960

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 19:22:08, 19/09/16 »
Last Monday I was on Vesuvius in Italy, but back to work and the drudgery of a normal working week tomorrow 😠
Touching from a distance, further all the time.

Penygadair

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 19:37:33, 19/09/16 »
Aiming for my first walk in Chee Dale on Friday. Unless domestics and/or acts of god intervene.

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 21:42:22, 19/09/16 »
During the week I can mostly be found traversing the work - Sainsburys - Aldi Triangle.  If I'm feeling particularly adventurous I can extend my trip to an ascent of the flyover and down onto the foreshore.  Probably about a mile in total (can just about manage that in my lunch break if I get a wiggle-on  ::)  )

Oldstephen

« Reply #8 on: 22:57:31, 19/09/16 »
Last week I was on Carrountoohil on MacGillycuddys Reeks, as well as catching a few bass around Tralee Bay.  Back home this week and I'll be out on Wednesday in Snowdonia somewhere, maybe Tryfan.  Not been up there for a couple of months.
...because it's there.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 22:58:43, 19/09/16 »
Just as soon as I have finished constructing my man cave I am off on a circular on Dartmoor from Belstone. After that looking at a bit of the SWCP from Coombe Martin.
Solvitur Ambulando

mike knipe

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 09:38:36, 20/09/16 »
Me and the dog are doing a reccy  for a Durham County Council guided walk next week up Teesdale - Low Force - Pennine Way -High Force - Green Trod - Cronkley - Hanging Shaw - Hurth Caves - Dirt Pit - Bowlees...   about 14 of the Queen's miles...  We may have to fight off the cattle on the last couple of miles.
Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

See the blog!  www.northernpies.blogspot.com

youradvocate

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 11:11:47, 20/09/16 »
I've just decided to have a short 2-3 day hike next week. I'll go by train to Rye, make my way to the Sussex Border Path, end at Gatwick Airport and then come home by train. I just feel the need to hike through apple and plum orchards plus I hope a few Hop Gardens as well. Over the years this rural world that I grew up in is, I believe, gradually dying. My sister lives in Maidstone and as she observes, the landscape is changing fast. So many orchards and hop fields have been grubbed out over the past few years and have been replaced with the 'modern way' of farming, which appears to be mostly plastic tunnels! While some of the landscape attractiveness is still there I hope to soak up what remains of it. For me, its one of the pleasures of living in the south of the UK!

barewirewalker

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 13:25:27, 20/09/16 »
Walking in Cornwall most of last week, arrived by accident on the top of Brown Willy to find it to be the highest point of that county, stumbled across a film crew doing their thing for some of the next series of Poldark on the cliff tops.

Did notice that there are large parts of the county where I CANNOT walk but was not there long enough to put it to the test.

Where will I be walking this week, now that is the question, don't know myself till I've been there, but it will not be as far away as Cornwall.
BWW
Their Land is in Our Country.

jontea

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 14:21:08, 20/09/16 »
I don't normally get to walk in the week due to work.
But I'm on holiday this week, so Mrs J and I had a day in Snowdonia yesterday.
Visited Llangollen, lovely river walk in Betws-y-coed and finished the day walking off afternoon tea on a Conwy beach ;)

Boot fitting tomorrow  :D

Maybe out walking Thursday, not sure where yet  :)
Walking is the world’s oldest exercise and today’s modern medicine.

https://www.johntrowsdaleart.com/

Instagram  jontea62

domtheone

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 15:27:02, 20/09/16 »
Boot fitting tomorrow  :D

Exciting times  :D

You got a shortlist/decided on what boots yet?

If they don't like you going out, they'll love you coming in!

*Money back guarantee does not cover for **** weather!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy