Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 276315 times)

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #900 on: 10:08:21, 23/10/19 »
3.5 mile circuit of Loch Morlich in the Cairngorms in the fading light yesterday evening. Beautiful autumn colours, birch especially, and spotted a group of red deer standing like statues on the forest track. Also a red squirrel on a branch above my head, bushy tail silhouetted against the evening sky.
Then into the Pine Martin Bar for a pint or two. :)

Just what I needed after the stress of the house move!
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #901 on: 10:22:22, 23/10/19 »
I caught a bus from Portsmouth to Clanfield yesterday, then walked across country to Petersfield. Absolutely fantastic, the sun was out, not a cloud in the sky, the sky was bright blue (as I see it through my colour blind eyes) I had coffee and cake halfway and the leaves on the trees are changing colour fast. I then caught the train home.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #902 on: 22:13:21, 23/10/19 »

Took an evening  stroll out across Bodmin moor this evening.  After Hawks tor and a sit at Arthur's seat. I headed up to Killmar tor.

What a beautiful sunset.  Not a breath of wind.  :)

[uhttps://postimages.org/]

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #903 on: 07:57:57, 24/10/19 »
Lovely. O0

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #904 on: 11:36:40, 24/10/19 »
Today plan is to Walk the Victoria lines across Malta. 11 k from one side of island to the other following defensive walls and tracks. But first lunch. Maltese bread is excellent.
Too little, too late, too bad......

Warbler

« Reply #905 on: 14:08:17, 24/10/19 »
Took a steady 9 mile stroll from Ludwell near Shaftesbury, on the edge of Cranbourne Chase in Dorset. A round trip down to Tollard Royal and back over Win Green. Some lovely views from Win Green, though could have been a lot better had it not been so overcast.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #906 on: 17:04:44, 24/10/19 »
Lovely. O0

Some times you get a reminder of just how lucky you are to live somewhere.  I was sat on the same spot with Mrs G last week.  Just such a tranquil place.

Maggot

« Reply #907 on: 21:21:09, 24/10/19 »
I caught a bus from Portsmouth to Clanfield yesterday, then walked across country to Petersfield. Absolutely fantastic, the sun was out, not a cloud in the sky, the sky was bright blue (as I see it through my colour blind eyes) I had coffee and cake halfway and the leaves on the trees are changing colour fast. I then caught the train home.

If you are colour blind, how do you know the leaves are changing colour?

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #908 on: 21:29:55, 24/10/19 »

If you are colour blind, how do you know the leaves are changing colour?
Just because a person is colour blind does not mean necessarily the you cannot see "in colour" it doesn't mean that you can see only in black and white. There are all deggres and varieties of colour blindness. Even those who have serious colour blindness observe changes to the light scale. (or depth of greyness)
Too little, too late, too bad......

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #909 on: 18:18:08, 25/10/19 »
Just because a person is colour blind does not mean necessarily the you cannot see "in colour" it doesn't mean that you can see only in black and white. There are all deggres and varieties of colour blindness. Even those who have serious colour blindness observe changes to the light scale. (or depth of greyness)

You'll have to excuse Maggot - trolls only come out at night. ;)

Dovegirl

• Veteran Member
« Reply #910 on: 19:39:41, 28/10/19 »
I went a walk in the Mott's Mill and Eridge area of the High Weald today, partly on the Sussex Border Path.  A beautiful spot, one of my favourite places for walking.  But very muddy so I'm glad I wore my gaiters!    :)

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #911 on: 19:50:09, 29/10/19 »
Day off tomorrow, so off to Lakes without a plan.  Possible great calva and area.  I will decide over coffee at Burton services. Worked daft hours last few weeks so looking forward to day off.

Warbler

« Reply #912 on: 20:43:19, 29/10/19 »
A late decision to go out for a stroll today. Drove to Stoughton, north-west of Chichester. Did a lovely 6 miler around Kingley Vale.

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #913 on: 18:28:24, 30/10/19 »
Fairfield horseshoe today, high cloud apart from first and last hour, and a keen wind. Loved it, but my it was busy, still lots of people on half term.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #914 on: 20:30:04, 30/10/19 »
Nice. Could see Fairfield from the Hampsfell Hospice. As well as Black Coomb, Caw, Dow Crag, Scafell, Coniston Old Man, Wetherlam, Bowfell (or Esk Pike?), Langdale Pikes, Skiddaw, Helvellyn, Red Screes, Scoat Fell, High Street, Kentmere Fells, Howgills, Baugh Fell, Whernside, Ingleborough, Forest of Bowland, Heysham Nuclear Power Station, Blackpool Tower and hundreds of offshore wind turbines.

A grand view, except for the last 3.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy