Author Topic: chest pack  (Read 1729 times)

jimbob

• Veteran Member
chest pack
« on: 12:00:33, 05/02/19 »
I am looking for a light chest pack to kept a small camera in, GPS, my spare simless VR phone, compass, map, along with snacks and my medicines. So between 3 & 5 litres.

Do NOT want an ex forces Molle pack as way too bulky (and naff for someone my age) Do any of you use one who could give some pros and cons.
Can any of you recomended a name and source for one.
Too little, too late, too bad......

zuludog

Re: chest pack
« Reply #1 on: 13:56:01, 05/02/19 »
I don't think you'll find exactly what you're looking for very easily, though I could be wrong, so it's a question of Searching t'Net to find the best available. Have a look at  -

'OMM Chest Pod' sold by www.peteblandsports.co.uk and www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk and others

'Hip Belt Pouch' from www.aiguillealpine.co.uk two of these?

Search t'Net for   'rucsac hip belt pouches'  and 'rucsac shoulder strap pouches'    again, two of them?

Perhaps you could adapt a bum bag?

Contact www.alpkit.com  I think they do one - offs, and could make exactly what you want

« Last Edit: 14:00:15, 05/02/19 by zuludog »

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 15:26:22, 05/02/19 »
I don't think you'll find exactly what you're looking for very easily, though I could be wrong, so it's a question of Searching t'Net to find the best available. Have a look at  -

'OMM Chest Pod' sold by www.peteblandsports.co.uk and www.ultralightoutdoorgear.co.uk and others

'Hip Belt Pouch' from www.aiguillealpine.co.uk two of these?

Search t'Net for   'rucsac hip belt pouches'  and 'rucsac shoulder strap pouches'    again, two of them?

Perhaps you could adapt a bum bag?

Contact www.alpkit.com  I think they do one - offs, and could make exactly what you want
Thanks Zuludog, I did contact Alpkit, no joy.Was thinking of the OMM one, but the bum bag adaptation has got me thinking.
Mrs Jimbob is great with the needles and deals with tougher than normal materials easily.  Due to her past experiences she knows exactly how to waterproof stuff, especially seams.Thinks... how many brownie points will that take.

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 17:06:12, 05/02/19 »
I use a Ribz front pack try googling g it,

https://youtu.be/BUB3f9SdJcQ
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 20:27:37, 05/02/19 »
I use a Ribz front pack try googling g it,

https://youtu.be/BUB3f9SdJcQ
Looks good, but big. I think I only need about half a Ribz.

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 20:40:52, 05/02/19 »
I think they have different sizes 8)

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 20:42:47, 05/02/19 »
Which side do you carry your firearm, Beefy? Just in case we run into each other on the fells I want to know whether you're taking a photo or planning to shoot me.

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 20:50:10, 05/02/19 »
Which side do you carry your firearm, Beefy? Just in case we run into each other on the fells I want to know whether you're taking a photo or planning to shoot me.
;D  I only shoot my camera these days mate,

pdstsp

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 21:20:56, 05/02/19 »
 ;D , seriously looks a good piece of kit.  The guy on you tube did seem a bit gun orientated, though.

astaman

« Reply #9 on: 07:30:38, 06/02/19 »
There are chest packs that fly fishermen use that might suit you depending on what size of thing you're looking for. There's one made by Taimen called the river chest pack.

https://www.taimen.com/en/gb/product/taimen-river-chest-pack_99932454/105096

There might be other angling kit that fits the bill.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 10:04:55, 06/02/19 »
Thanks Astana,  those merino socks look interesting as well. Will check out the Angling fraternity gear.

archaeoroutes

• Veteran Member
« Reply #11 on: 22:35:02, 06/02/19 »
Might a camera one be of any use?
https://amzn.to/2Seie4P
Walking routes visiting ancient sites in Britain's uplands: http://www.archaeoroutes.co.uk

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 00:12:43, 07/02/19 »
Following Beefy's recomendation on the RIBZ set up I spent another wasted hour or so surfing the intawebbythingy   Was going to go for the smaller RIBZ set up but my interest was caught in the OMM chest pod whilst hunting for a retailer. The reviews seemed to be OK and it is the right size. It also had a load of shops advertising it but like the ribz out of stock everywhere. Was seriously considering starting to earn some brownie points with the resident  seamstress when I came across a retailer with stock. In short I've ordered the OMM Chest Pod.Ranks for the suggestions. Given so many retailers are out of stock of chest pouches I am amazed I haven't really seen many about.

Rajboy

« Reply #13 on: 22:05:38, 10/02/19 »
Paul at Tread Lite Gear makes and sells a chest pack

jimbob

• Veteran Member
« Reply #14 on: 22:23:36, 10/02/19 »
Thanks Rajboy.I used the OMM chestpack today.It carried everything I wanted it to.

Happy with it.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy