Author Topic: Stour Valley Walk vs Medway Valley Walk, Kent  (Read 413 times)

Megan108

Stour Valley Walk vs Medway Valley Walk, Kent
« on: 18:18:59, 18/10/18 »
Hi everyone!

Has anyone done either the Stour Valley Walk or the Medway Valley Walk, or ideally both?!

I am working on an idea for a brilliant television programme about river walks, and we're looking to feature one of the two. I have done quite a bit of research on both, and obviously they both sound like they have good things to offer, but sadly I haven't yet had the pleasure of being able to do either myself and am not local, so I don't have a real 'feel' for them and the decision isn't an obvious one yet... So I would really really appreciate any advice or thoughts on them from people who actually know the area and/or have done some of the walks around there - thank you so much for any help you may be able to give!

This would be filmed in November, so I know sadly we won't get beautiful summer scenery, but it would be nice if it encourages more people who aren't always as enthusiastic to keep walking throughout the winter!

It would be great to hear which one people think might be:
1) The most beautiful
2) Have the most interesting and different things to see / do / digress off to along the way. We'd love for our presenter to be able to show people about 6 different elements either along the walk, or a bit away from the walk if interesting - including: outdoor activities, interesting landscape, history, geology/geography, wildlife, architecture, bridges, agriculture, fishing, local food or drink production (eg traditional breweries or cider-making places etc), arts/crafts/traditional skills, and a great place to eat out.

Which would you like to see a programme on? Which do you think could be more interesting/rich/beautiful?

Any thoughts would be so greatly appreciated!

Many thanks
Megan

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy