Author Topic: A walk to Caldera Blanca on holiday in Lanzarote  (Read 2216 times)

wildCAMPER

Hi all - thought I would share a few pics and walking route of the Caldera Blanca (extinct volcano) walk I done recently while on holiday in Lanzarote. It must be one of the best walks to do in Lanzarote - so if ever you are there on holiday I really recommend it. Lanzarote is one of my favourite destinations for a bit of winter sun and I love the uniqueness of the raw volcanic landscapes - there aren't many places in the world like it - and as it's only a few hours flight time away from the Uk it's ideal for a change of scenery and a bit of sun! I've included a few photos below and a map route - if you would like to find out more I have a blog post on the walk with lots more photos over at http://www.hikingphotographer.uk/2018/03/caldera-blanca-walk-in-lanzarote-hike.html

Caldera Blanca in the distance with the path cutting through the lava field

View from the summit of Caldera Blanca - it's actually quite unexpected as you walk up the volcano and takes your breath away a bit as it's quite big

The walk around the rim of the caldera Blanca volcano is actually quite safe as long as it's not really windy. Be careful of sunburn though as there is no escape from the sun

Finally - on a different topic, but I know people on this blog are an adventurous sort so may be interested.... also on my lanzarote holiday I decided to learn to surf! Surfing is something I've always wanted to learn - but the north-east waters of England where I live are not that enticing - but Lanzarote is actually a great place to learn, specifically in the beach resort of Famara - so whilst on holiday in Lanzarote a few days where spent in Famara learning to surf with a small surf company called 'Lanzasurf' if you are interested in learning to Surf - then you might find another blog post of mine useful over at http://www.hikingphotographer.uk/2018/03/surfing-in-famara-lanzarote-with.html

Above - Famara is a small Lanzarote resort with a long sandy beach flanked by cliffs which also give a good opportunity for a hike with excellent views

Save
[/b]  [/color]
Save
[/b]  [/color]

I had to include a photo of me surfing to prove I could stand up on a surf board :-)
« Last Edit: 21:44:10, 16/04/18 by wildCAMPER »

adalard

• Veteran Member
Re: A walk to Caldera Blanca on holiday in Lanzarote
« Reply #1 on: 13:53:51, 16/04/18 »
Very informative blog, Wildcamper, and fantastic photos of those breathtaking views.  O0 

Really enjoyed the trip report, thanks for sharing.  :)

wildCAMPER

« Reply #2 on: 14:27:59, 16/04/18 »
Thanks @adalard  :)

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 21:15:37, 20/04/18 »
Oooh, looks fab! 8)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

wildCAMPER

« Reply #4 on: 08:51:06, 23/04/18 »
Thanks @sunnydale - glad you like the pics :-)

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy