Author Topic: Welcome to WalkingForum.co.uk - Please read  (Read 337760 times)

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
Re: Welcome to WalkingForum.co.uk - Please read
« Reply #1155 on: 13:37:35, 19/06/13 »
Hello R and welcome to you and your beloved! O0

Hmmm, fry-up's AND pub lunches AND 3 course evening meals? I couldn't walk at all if I ate all that! :o :D

Happy walking, O0

Tracey  :)

***Happiness is only a smile away***

Al plus boots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1156 on: 16:32:06, 22/06/13 »
 O0 O0

A warm welcome to R and Lyn.

This is a goof place...

Cheers, Al (in Cheshire).
'Love Life. Live Life'

ramcas

« Reply #1157 on: 09:07:43, 24/06/13 »
Thanks for the welcome Tracey and Al!  :)

This is indeed a friendly place as I have already found when I asked for advice relating to the Lyke Wake Walk - lots of helpful responses  O0

Al, not sure whether that was a typo or not, but this certainly is a good place, and I certainly could be called a goof by many so I think I'll fit right in  ;D

I'm pleased to say that we completed the Lyke Wake Walk on Saturday - absolutely destroyed by the end of it and vowed to never use my feet for anything ever again, but after a day getting over the pain I'm right back up to the level of enthusiasm I had before starting the walk - even more enthusiastic now perhaps  :D

Long may there be more hikes!   O0
R&C
Aspiring hikers

Pauline1966

« Reply #1158 on: 20:49:58, 23/07/13 »
Hello everyone and thanks for making me welcome.

My name is Pauline and I live right in the middle of the Peak District, very close to Buxton.

I've been an avid walker in my recent years, but due to not having many friends who actually like walking as myself, I'm finding it hard to get out there and walk!

Anyway I'm looking for like minded people who are quite local to me to join me on a few walks now and again.

Please help.
live your life to the fullest

treehugger

• Account Closed
« Reply #1159 on: 20:54:45, 23/07/13 »
Hello everyone and thanks for making me welcome.

My name is Pauline and I live right in the middle of the Peak District, very close to Buxton.

I've been an avid walker in my recent years, but due to not having many friends who actually like walking as myself, I'm finding it hard to get out there and walk!

Anyway I'm looking for like minded people who are quite local to me to join me on a few walks now and again.

Please help.
There are a few on here! ( I'm from Wakefield though). Start your own "Hello" thread!

yorksgal

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1160 on: 22:30:45, 23/07/13 »
Hello and welcome to the forum.  If you start a new thread in here you will find more forum items will give you a welcome  O0

Trenchfoot

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1161 on: 22:52:05, 23/07/13 »
Hi Pauline, welcome to the Forum... veery nice place Buxton have stayed near there several times.. when frequenting the Peaks.
roll on the weekend

john4becz

« Reply #1162 on: 15:39:25, 25/07/13 »
Hello from West Sussex!

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1163 on: 17:59:23, 25/07/13 »
Hi john4becz

Welcome to the forum.
Why not start a new thread telling us a bit about yourself.

Ridge

MarvinMunro

Hi
« Reply #1164 on: 22:33:41, 31/07/13 »
Hi, My name is Johhny, From Ireland (dublin)
I love the outdoors and like nothing better(apart from beer) than a good day in the hills,

I'm heading off to Nepal to have a go at Mera peak in 8 weeks and am looking forward trough this forum to learning from people  with experience and sharing mine.

"it's always closer than it looks.
Its' always smaller than it looks.
And it's always easier than it looks" The 3 rules of Hiking

yorksgal

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1165 on: 22:55:30, 31/07/13 »
Hi margin and welcome to the forum from East Yorkshire. You might find more people say hello if you start a new thread on the welcome part  O0

MarvinMunro

« Reply #1166 on: 23:02:23, 31/07/13 »
I'll give it bash cheers

Erin

« Reply #1167 on: 12:11:14, 04/08/13 »
Hi,
    Many thanks for the nice welcome. I have come back to the forum after a long lay off. Some very interesting topics and hoping to get out and about again with some more Hiking. I was hoping to complete Hardian's wall this year but will have to go next year. Regards Erin
Where dips the rocky highland
Of Sleuth Wood in the lake
There lies a leafy island Where flapping herons wake

Al plus boots

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1168 on: 13:24:11, 08/08/13 »
Thanks for the welcome Tracey and Al!  :)

This is indeed a friendly place as I have already found when I asked for advice relating to the Lyke Wake Walk - lots of helpful responses  O0

Al, not sure whether that was a typo or not, but this certainly is a good place, and I certainly could be called a goof by many so I think I'll fit right in  ;D

I'm pleased to say that we completed the Lyke Wake Walk on Saturday - absolutely destroyed by the end of it and vowed to never use my feet for anything ever again, but after a day getting over the pain I'm right back up to the level of enthusiasm I had before starting the walk - even more enthusiastic now perhaps  :D

Long may there be more hikes!   O0

Definitely a typo...  ;D
'Love Life. Live Life'

pamt

« Reply #1169 on: 09:06:41, 15/08/13 »
Thank you for the welcome I want to ask a couple of questions about the Pennine Way.
I am going to walk part of it from Haworth to Middleton in Teesdale as a lone woman (my friend has dropped out at the last minute through illness) I would love some advice.

Many thanks

Pamt
pamt

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy