Author Topic: Tan Hill Inn for sale  (Read 3064 times)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: Tan Hill Inn for sale
« Reply #1 on: 15:23:26, 01/08/17 »
I saw this as well. An article was also on The Great Outdoors, I maybe misjudged it but thought it was not very complimentary about the landladt in particular. Is she really foulmouthed? Over the past few years I have been at the pub about three time, this June as well. Have i missed something?

Murphy

« Reply #2 on: 18:29:12, 01/08/17 »
It's been for sale for a while and let by the current owner.  £900,000 is the reduced price from £1.2 m  I think unless it was sold in the meantime and up for sale again.  It's not the place it was and yes GWM, yes.

Bhod

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 08:12:51, 02/08/17 »
I'd much prefer the Green Dragon Inn at Hardraw, Hawes,  for sale as a whole or three seperate lots, maybe I should set up a GoFundMe page :D
I travel not to go anywhere, but to go. I travel for travel's sake.

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 16:18:24, 02/08/17 »
I can remember seeing it up for grabs, over three years ago, what a shame the Youth Hostel association do not have that kind of money to blow on a new premises.
Even though the weather there, can be especially challenging from October onwards, its proximity to the Pennine Way, would make a great Youth Hostel.

£900,000, sounds a lot, but when one takes into consideration its past history, location, and popularity, its not that hefty a price tag.

On first acquaintance with the building, back in 1979,i always thought it strange there was this snowcat parked outside, maybe owned by one of the local farmers, but once i put two and two together.

Its in one of the most isolated spots in Northern England, and boy does it get frisky weather.

Stube

« Reply #5 on: 20:58:01, 03/08/17 »
I can remember seeing it up for grabs, over three years ago, what a shame the Youth Hostel association do not have that kind of money to blow on a new premises.

The YHA have no interest in running hostels for walkers - they are only interested in the low cost family market in popular areas. They have closed several walkers hotels in the Hampshire and adjacent counties in the last few years. The SE now averages one hostel per county!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy