Author Topic: Durham (Get Carter) coast  (Read 3145 times)

mike knipe

• Veteran Member
Durham (Get Carter) coast
« on: 15:05:37, 22/01/08 »
The Durham coastline has improved vastly since Michael Caine (Carter) was shot  just after despatching a villain into a coal bucket!
Today's walk was another Durham County Council effort. This time it was a short photography walk lead by Philip Nixon who is a professional photographer. Photography walks are always very short with most of the time taken by setting up shots.  It can be a bit chilly!
We had six walkers/photographers and me and Peter as stewards. It wasnt a bad turn-out considering the state of the roads in the West of the County which were either covered in  frozen snow or flooded or frozen and flooded.
Everybody took loads of pics.  I tried keep my snapping a bit discrete due to the fact that they all had big cameras and tripods and I just had me little digital thingy. Lots of people about - many with their dogs enjoying the fresh air and now very clean beach (not covered in coal slag any more!) The Durham coast has a waymarked footpath which runs Southwards from Seaham for 16 miles and which, during the 2001 foot and mouth outbreak was, at one time, the only footpath open in England.  Its a cracking walk, too.
I must come back here with my dogs...
Some kind of happiness is measured out in miles

See the blog!  www.northernpies.blogspot.com

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy