Author Topic: Hi everyone  (Read 2375 times)

vghikers

• Veteran Member
Re: Hi everyone
« Reply #15 on: 12:28:12, 07/05/19 »
Welcome aboard from Manchester  O0
I watched a brief video of a hip operation and made sure I didn't watch another - talk about butchery. The guy was going at it with what seemed to be a big hammer and chisel, yikes!  :o. Despite that I've heard about quite a few hillwalkers who've found a new lease of walking life afterwards, I hope yours goes the same.

Mark Sabine

« Reply #16 on: 14:18:25, 07/05/19 »
I swerved the videos. I'm not squeamish, but there is a limit :o . The surgeon and I even had a chat about which cordless drill he should replace his old one with. He uses the same tools as me but his hourly rate is slightly better! My superior other is taking me for walking practice to Ikea today. Years ago, using my eccentric navigating skills I put us both in a deep bog up to our necks, (Black Hole), behind Lost Lad above Derwent. It was thick fog and getting dark but it was nasty and took an hour to haul ourselves out in the dark. I don't wish to appear paranoid, but I get the feeling this may be her first real chance at revenge ;D

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #17 on: 16:13:00, 07/05/19 »
Hi Mark - welcome from Devon.  Good luck with the hip recovery.  A few years ago I met a chap halfway up Glaramara making extensive use of some walking poles that were adjusted a bit longer than usual so he could hang off them for support.  It transpired he had had a hip replacement a only few weeks previously and was trying it out.  I expressed surprise at how soon he was out and about and he made me promise not to tell his surgeon so you didn't hear this from me.  Hope you make similar progress.
Solvitur Ambulando

Mark Sabine

« Reply #18 on: 17:12:28, 07/05/19 »
A better man than me! I'm 2-1/2 weeks in and the tales of the surgery involved if it gets damaged early doors is pretty horrific so I'll follow doctors orders (up to a point). Thanks for the kind words

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy