Author Topic: Trekking in Spanish Pyrenees GR11 - recently returned  (Read 3056 times)

IanyZen

Hi,
I've recently finished a magnificent three week trek in the Spanish Pyrenees with my dog, Zen.
We walked from Bujaruelo (near Torla) to Espot, traversing three national parks - Ordesa & Monte Perdido, Posets-Maladeta & Aiguestortes i Estany de Sant Maurici.
I am working on a trip report at the mo. If anyone is thinking of going there I'd love to give them any advice.
I'm trying to upload photos, but with no luck as yet, so sorry if they are not attached. Please can you give me some advice on how to do this.
Cheers,
Ian & Zen
Good luck on your next adventure
Ian & Zen

IanyZen

Re: Trekking in Spanish Pyrenees GR11 - recently returned
« Reply #1 on: 00:04:06, 07/07/14 »

Trying this..

Ian & Zen

Trenchfoot

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 20:43:44, 07/07/14 »
success! - wonderful picture, loving that smile on Zen  O0
roll on the weekend

youradvocate

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 13:08:13, 03/08/14 »
I like the look and the idea of the GR11 but for myself I'm struggling with the idea of hiking the GR10. My head likes the idea but would my body? The longest camping hike I have done to date is 18 nights, could I really cope with 50-60 nights in a tent?

IanyZen

« Reply #4 on: 21:04:32, 03/08/14 »
Hi,
On the GR11 there is a variety of accommodation: camp sites- 10 euros,  mountain huts (unmanned) - free, refugios - 13-19 euros (bunks with excellent food) guest houses - 25 euros,  casas rurales - 25 euros (family run home stays) as well as unlimited fantastic opportunities to wild camp- free.
You don't have to do the whole thing in one. I just walked in the mountains for 22 days.
I thoroughly recommend it. I'm even thinking of going back next year to walk more. Be prepared for snow if you go.
I cannot comment on the French side, but I believe the same option exist, though a little more expensive.
Hope this helps
Ian
Ian & Zen

bear.cub

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 19:59:40, 30/09/14 »
Excellent :)
I've never known such a bear for getting in a mess. Mr Brown referencing Paddington Bear

Llanpaul

« Reply #6 on: 20:16:04, 30/09/14 »
Fantastic.

What gear did you take?

glovepuppet

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 08:34:25, 01/10/14 »
Looks great!  O0

I'd always thought I'd end up doing the GR10 if at all, simply because of the language (having no Spanish). But everyone I've spoken to says "learn Spanish and do the GR11 instead - you won't regret it!"

Good advice by the sound of it, and what I've seen of Spain and the Pyrenees so far suggests you could do a lot worse than a trundle out there!  ;D

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 08:46:58, 01/10/14 »
Super pics  O0  Look forward to more  :)
Hate will never win

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #9 on: 17:47:28, 01/10/14 »
love the reflections... O0
Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

Mikeyboy

« Reply #10 on: 20:09:20, 07/10/14 »
It looks stunning - how high altitude is it to get the Snow .

christer

« Reply #11 on: 11:43:06, 15/03/15 »
The GR11 is on my list for this year as posted elsewhere on this site - it looks stunning, stunning, stunning. Reminds me of a few places in Norway I have been!

I also want to do the Le Puy to St Jean route as well, as I did the Camino de Santiago from St Jean to Finisterre  over a year ago now so it is the preceding stage as it were.

Not sure what I will have time for this year though, having been on a career break for 18 months it is kinda time to go back to doing some "work"....:)

Great to see pics from here, was planning to do GR11 South to North (Irun) and then have a few days off and do the Camino de Santiago Northern Route from Irun to SDC.....I guess it would take almost 2.5-3 months in total and 1800kms or so....so it would be a long time on the road :)

Very inspiring, thanks for sharing!

Christer

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy