Author Topic: ~50l backpack with bottom entry  (Read 1143 times)

Ronin83

~50l backpack with bottom entry
« on: 16:28:19, 22/10/18 »
Can anyone recommend a roughly 50l backpack of good quality, but reasonably priced with a bottom entry zip?

I really like Berghaus stuff, but they seem to do a 65l for men. There is a 50l but its not common and only has one point of entry...at the top.

There seems to be a big gap between cheapo packs, Berghaus and then osprey kind for priced bags.
If im gonna spend £50 for a not perfect bag id rather just get the Berghaus trailhead 65l for about £68(with discount etc)

My perfect bag would have ....
Tough material
Adjustable height
Bottom entry zip
Waist belt pouch
Straps underneath for a tent
Hood on top(most do)
Rain cover
50l capacity
Less than £100

alan de enfield

• Veteran Member
Re: ~50l backpack with bottom entry
« Reply #1 on: 21:10:30, 22/10/18 »

I have the 65l Berghaus which I am very happy with and I think meets all your requirements (except 15l too big)

The Trailhead 65 Litre Rucksack, from Berghaus, is a large rucksack that offers fantastic value and comfort ideal for a multiday backpacking adventure.

The Trailhead has a BIOFIT™ back system which offers an easy to adjust back length, pre-curved hip belt, adjustable removable chest strap and top tension straps so that you can adjust the fit of this rucksack to best fit you to be able to offer you all day comfort.

This durable and generously sized rucksack has a large main compartment, base compartment with bivi divider, side bottle pockets, top lid pocket and fixed side pockets ideal for organising your all your walking gear. It also features a rain cover for if you get caught in a downpour, walking pole attachments and is hydration system compatible making it an ideal and rugged rucksack for hiking!     Capacity: 65 Litre[/font]
Durable Esdura 600D fabric
BIOFIT™ back system
Top tension straps with adjustable take off points
Height adjustable removable chest strap
Pre-curved hip belt
Attachment points on lid
Fixed side pockets
Bottle pockets
Rain cover
Base compartment with bivi divider
Hydration system compatible
Top lid pocket
Walking pole attachments
YKK® zip
[Size: H77 x W44 x D30 cm
Weight: 1.7Kg

Berghaus Trailhead 65 Litre Rucksack
« Last Edit: 21:13:55, 22/10/18 by alan de enfield »

sussamb

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 22:04:52, 22/10/18 »
The LA Airzone 35/45 has side entry that may suit your needs ...
Where there's a will ...

Troggy

« Reply #3 on: 10:19:17, 23/10/18 »
I bought an old Eurohike Wilderness 55 and was surprised to find it's a decent bag! Just had a look on the internet to see what Millets have got ans there's a Pathfinder 65Ltr which might suit. It's on sale for £40 and has most of your wishlist included. Massive side pockets, bottom entry sleeping bag area, lid pocket and it looks like, but I cant be certain, that it has bottom straps for tent etc.

NeilC

• Veteran Member

mow1701

Ronin83

« Reply #6 on: 18:41:12, 23/10/18 »
I have one of these: https://www.decathlon.co.uk/forclaz-easyfit-50l-hiking-rucksack-blue-id_8300849.html

I did look at that. How do you find the easyfit system? I didn't like that the straps weren't adjustable by themselves(the red tabs adjust everything all at once.

mow1701

« Reply #7 on: 19:25:35, 23/10/18 »
You’ll have to investigate those questions as I’ve only seen in shop and website. Good hunting

NeilC

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 19:59:07, 23/10/18 »

I did look at that. How do you find the easyfit system? I didn't like that the straps weren't adjustable by themselves(the red tabs adjust everything all at once.

It seems fine. But then it's the first multiday sack I've bought in like 20 years so I've not much to compare it to. I find it comfy enough. The back is quite sweaty as it's not a sophisticated air gap system.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy