Author Topic: Better late than never ...  (Read 1281 times)

the aged plodder

Better late than never ...
« on: 13:01:48, 05/12/18 »
Hello chaps - newbie here unashamedly plundering your forums for good ideas. And I've already asked for advice before introducing myself - hence the subject line.

With a delayed retirement approaching it's time to catch up with a few plans that have been on hold for too long. And the hills are calling.
There is an element of panic too. Not sure how much active time I have left. Which is to say - yes, I'm a grumpy old man!
There are great things to do and fine sights to be seen
Before we go to Paradise by way of Kensal Green.

jimbob

• Veteran Member
Re: Better late than never ...
« Reply #1 on: 14:18:17, 05/12/18 »
 :) Welcome from Lincolnshire.

You'll not be alone on this site if you are a grumpy old person. Sadly, ;D There's plenty of great helpful younger folk as well.

Most of all loads of great advice . The search function on this forum is better than googling as usually searches are  absolutely on topic.
Too little, too late, too bad......

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 17:47:10, 06/12/18 »

Welcome to the forum, plodder.

I too have recently retired, in my case taking redundancy and early retirement, so hopefully plenty of mileage in the legs yet!
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

AFANASIEW

« Reply #3 on: 14:56:54, 09/12/18 »
...Not sure how much active time I have left.

Welcome. Plodder. I've just retired, and will be walking a 1,271 mile LEJOG next year. When I started preparations for the Pennine Way in 2015, I found that my knees weren't up to doing 15 mile walks on consecutive days. Regular use of a cross-trainer strengthened my sedentary quadriceps until I was fit enough for the challenge, and this year walked 289 miles on 18 consecutive days on the SW Coast Path, complete with camping gear. If you put in a bit of work, you should have many years of walking left in you!
It's simple - one foot in front of the other.

sunnydale

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 17:20:56, 09/12/18 »
Hi and welcome from the Peak District O0

Tracey :)
***Happiness is only a smile away***

Troggy

« Reply #5 on: 12:32:21, 11/12/18 »
Hello from Liverpool and another Grumpy old man. Glad to see you still fancy getting out into the hills.I don't think it's a matter of how far you can do, so much as being out in the countryside of this beautiful land and just enjoying yourself.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy