Author Topic: been in out of the country  (Read 1848 times)

jimmy mac

been in out of the country
« on: 12:48:33, 07/12/18 »
hi folks iam back I hope yous remember me  :D
........UTRINQUE PARATUS..........

April

• Veteran Member
Re: been in out of the country
« Reply #1 on: 13:14:53, 07/12/18 »
Why aye, of course we dee  O0

Welcome back Jimmy  :)
Hate will never win

jimmy mac

« Reply #2 on: 13:47:13, 07/12/18 »
Why aye, of course we dee  O0

Welcome back Jimmy  :)
great to be home, I hope your ok april still have not lost your Geordie sense of humour  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 13:51:25, 07/12/18 »
My Geordie humour is still there most of the time but sometimes it does wear a bit thin  ;)
Hate will never win

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 14:21:07, 07/12/18 »
great to be home, I hope your ok april still have not lost your Geordie sense of humour  ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D

Aye, but she's lost her accent   :-X
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

beefy

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 14:23:18, 07/12/18 »
hi folks iam back I hope yous remember me  :D
Welcome back jimmy O0
How long was you in prison for  ;D ;)

Leave only footprints, take only photographs, kill only time ...

jimmy mac

« Reply #6 on: 18:52:32, 07/12/18 »
Welcome back jimmy O0
How long was you in prison for  ;D ;)
prison lol not all geordies are like that beefy ive been working in Saudi so I cam afford a small house in the gods back garden the lakes lol

jimmy mac

« Reply #7 on: 18:53:54, 07/12/18 »
My Geordie humour is still there most of the time but sometimes it does wear a bit thin  ;)
april we have good routes proud of being a Geordie isn't that right pet

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #8 on: 08:49:54, 12/12/18 »
ive been working in Saudi so I cam afford a small house in the gods back garden the lakes lol

You lucky sod  :)

Hate will never win

jimmy mac

« Reply #9 on: 09:50:26, 12/12/18 »
You lucky sod  :)

I will find it hard to sell my house next door Iranians have moved in the six familys of them in my street

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #10 on: 10:57:06, 12/12/18 »
As a family we've never found 'that' to be a problem. When we sold our Windsor property we had people queing up at the door that appeared to come from all over the world, in the end the person who offered us the most money came from Manchester. My wifes family have just sold their house in Windsor, sold it in 4 days to a family who originated in the far eat and they paid the price asked, with no quibble at all. I think the Windsor location that helped both sales, near to Heathrow, Reading and London. As an aside my wife and I hated living in Windsor, always reminded us of a John Wayne movie, the 'fort' at one end of the town and endless urban sprawl towards Maidenhead of a lot of really badly looked after private modern Wimpy type properties. And then of course the traffic problems needed consideration! Yuk!

As I hike around the country I really see (my view anyway) of how badly we build housing estates. I wish some better thought house designs could be thought of, some of these 'up market' areas, in my view are going to look really seedy in 30 years or so's time! My son and his wife live in Edinburgh so obviously my view is clouded by how well this city has aged. My daughter in law is really into taking Instagram photos of the city, one look and you will know what I mean. In comparision, Windsor in my view is a tip!

When I hike though some places however they do have a nice feel and a look about them, even though they may have a new 'Wimpy' type estate tacked on the side. All sorts of places crop up in my mind, Cranbrook in Kent for example, I like Keswick and I like Chichester. or Chi as the locals call it!

jimmy mac

« Reply #11 on: 13:45:04, 12/12/18 »
As a family we've never found 'that' to be a problem. When we sold our Windsor property we had people queing up at the door that appeared to come from all over the world, in the end the person who offered us the most money came from Manchester. My wifes family have just sold their house in Windsor, sold it in 4 days to a family who originated in the far eat and they paid the price asked, with no quibble at all. I think the Windsor location that helped both sales, near to Heathrow, Reading and London. As an aside my wife and I hated living in Windsor, always reminded us of a John Wayne movie, the 'fort' at one end of the town and endless urban sprawl towards Maidenhead of a lot of really badly looked after private modern Wimpy type properties. And then of course the traffic problems needed consideration! Yuk!

As I hike around the country I really see (my view anyway) of how badly we build housing estates. I wish some better thought house designs could be thought of, some of these 'up market' areas, in my view are going to look really seedy in 30 years or so's time! My son and his wife live in Edinburgh so obviously my view is clouded by how well this city has aged. My daughter in law is really into taking Instagram photos of the city, one look and you will know what I mean. In comparision, Windsor in my view is a tip!

When I hike though some places however they do have a nice feel and a look about them, even though they may have a new 'Wimpy' type estate tacked on the side. All sorts of places crop up in my mind, Cranbrook in Kent for example, I like Keswick and I like Chichester. or Chi as the locals call it!
the council have bought up the houses and put in these people 2 familys have goats in there garden and they are out whaling 5 am in the morning , I will loose a lot of money as people have viewed the house and they said all the same thing I not buying where this lot living in the street

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #12 on: 06:17:55, 13/12/18 »
they are out whaling 5 am in the morning

Japanese? sorry bit pedantic.
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #13 on: 08:40:00, 13/12/18 »
I quite like goats  :) When I lived in Newcastle I knew a few Iranian families who had fled Iran in the 70's, nice people. I knew a lot of people from all over the world who had fled persecution in their country of birth to seek sanctuary in our country and settled in Newcastle. I learned a lot from them and I wish there was more diversity here in Cumbria.
Hate will never win

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy