Author Topic: TV - 'Roads less travelled' by Cameron McNeish- BBC2 Scotland - 27/28 December  (Read 3598 times)

davengf

One for the diary

Just came across this on TGO email.

Cameron McNeish presents a two-part Adventure Show Special: “Roads Less Travelled – Scotland’s Atlantic Way”, 27 & 28 December 2018, BBC 2 Scotland.

Should be worth a look

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
Thanks for the heads up. I like his programmes.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

humansnail

Thanks for that, will tune in O0 Cameon McNeish Wilderness walks is on YouTube too - just recently watched them and they were well worth a watch.

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
I just missed Cameron last year, he was giving a lecture talk in Oban, and i happened to be leaving for home two days early.
A shame, as i bet his lectures would be amazing.

fernman

• Veteran Member
Channel 970 on my Sky box in England, if it helps anyone.

davengf

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
Have to say that I felt mildly disappointed after watching these programs - but I can't quite put my finger on why.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

Dyffryn Ardudwy

• Veteran Member
I still recon Paul Murton's, "Grand Tours of the Scottish Isles" television series, has been the best inspirational bit of Scottish tourism ever to be aired on the box.
It was his visit to the Otter Hebridean isles of Barra and Scalpay, that inspired me to book a coaching holiday there, two years ago, and it was one of the best holidays ive had in years.

Its either his very laid back attitude, or the always guaranteed stunning weather when filming.

Just a magnificent tour of the Scottish isles, that makes you want to visit as soon as possible.

I can remember watching a Cameron McNeish series some years ago, and it was expertly produced and interesting, so i am surprised this programme was not up to his high standard.

I still recon Paul Murton is the DADDY when it comes to programmes on the highlands.
« Last Edit: 17:09:48, 29/12/18 by Dyffryn Ardudwy »

Islandplodder

• Veteran Member

I missed the second one, might try to watch it on catch up.
I also found the first one a bit disappointing, I think it was because it was less a programme about walking and more of a travel and tourism programme.  After previous 'Roads less travelled'  I have felt inspired to get maps out and at least consider a similar walk.  And,  as DA says, when it comes to travelogues, Paul Murton does the highlands and islands proud in what sometimes  seems a rather crowded market.

bricam2096

• Veteran Member

I still recon Paul Merton is the DADDY when it comes to programmes on the highlands.

I assume you mean Paul MURTON? Paul Merton is a completely different professional  O0
LDWs done - 32 in total including 16 National Trails and 3 C2C

Wainwrights 176
www.brians-walks.co.uk

Bigfoot_Mike

• Veteran Member
I haven’t watched these yet, but have just downloaded them. I agree that Paul Murton’s programmes are well worth watching.

zuludog

IMHO the best TV programmes about walking, in Scotland or anywhere else, were/are The Munro Show, by Muriel Gray

fernman

• Veteran Member
Just watched my recording of Part 2 of Roads Less Travelled this evening, and I largely enjoyed it as it included a fair bit of walking, quite a bit of which I was pleased to see was off paths, added to which there was some beautiful scenery, and bits of historical interest.
The girl on the bike (the lady golfer) bored me by going on too long, but I couldn't help noticing that the camera kept switching fom one bike to another, while the whole episode appeared to have been filmed in at least two seasons. During the bike ride, for example, and also in other portions, bracken was brown and dead one minute and a healthy green the next minute, also the trees kept changing from autumnal to late-May fresh green leaves.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy