Author Topic: S. Lakes - Finsthwaite Heights and High Dam  (Read 2106 times)

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
S. Lakes - Finsthwaite Heights and High Dam
« on: 09:22:47, 10/06/08 »
4th June 2008

Just a short walk today to see how I felt after restarting the medication for my RA. In my opinion High Dam is a far better place than the better known Tarn Hows further to the north and without the people! The pictures and walk description are now available to view.

Regards,

Dave

http://www.wainwright-wanderings.co.uk/

kirbstones

Re: S. Lakes - Finsthwaite Heights and High Dam
« Reply #1 on: 10:55:49, 10/06/08 »
Nice Pics Dave

I was up there in February when it was covered in ice. If you go again, take in the short detour north to Stott Park Heights some great views over the southern end of Windermere.
Phil
www.lakeland-walks.co.uk - guided walking in the Lake District and beyond.
www.windermere-way.co.uk - a walk around England's largest lake.

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 11:59:20, 10/06/08 »
Nice Pics Dave

I was up there in February when it was covered in ice. If you go again, take in the short detour north to Stott Park Heights some great views over the southern end of Windermere.

Thats wehere the group of schiilchildren cam from and I made a mental note of it for next time. I was also there on the 19th February when it was frozen over.

Dave

Skinny Walker

« Reply #3 on: 18:17:16, 10/06/08 »
I just wanted to say thanks to you for the continued descriptions and beautiful pictures. It's often only these pictures that get me through another weekday stuck in my box at work!! :D
You need special shoes for hiking - and a bit of a special soul as well.  ~Emme Woodhull-Bäche

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 18:41:13, 10/06/08 »
It's often only these pictures that get me through another weekday stuck in my box at work!! :D

You and me both mate. I love my job (though don't tell the boss that) but being stuck inside in the middle of a city does my head in. Time to go home I think.

KIDSTYPIKE

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 22:03:08, 10/06/08 »
Thanks to both Chubby and Ridge for your comments hopefully I shall be able to keep them coming.
Dave

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy