Author Topic: Ingleborough compensation  (Read 1979 times)

Pura Vida

Ingleborough compensation
« on: 21:06:22, 25/07/16 »
Well I wasn't well on Saturday moooooorning so I missed out on the walk on the Brecon Beacons. I did'nt sit at home being miserable I completed a few jobs that I had planned to complete on Monday, today. that has meant that I could set off early for my next job in the Dales.
This now sees me in Ingleborough YHA writing a TR about a walk around Ingleborough from Clapham. I found a route on line, pretty easy. the weather wasn't brill but I'm going to get stuck in.
Alovely walk up through the woods an then dropping down to Ingleborough Caves and onto trow Gill. Quie a few people. Once out onto the open moors the wind picked up, the clouuuud came down and so did the rain. I found the shelter on top easily and helped a few others to find it as well. Not a day for hanging around.
On my return I'm still directing people to the Shelter in the low cloud. Bumping into a few Dofe teams on the path towards Horton. Godd going down there before turning right onto the Pennine Bridleway back to clapham.

An excellent compensation.

Thanks to Debs and Jon for the friday eve in Talybont
Show a man a route then he will have an Adventure; Teach a man to navigate then he will have many adventures

sussamb

• Veteran Member
Re: Ingleborough compensation
« Reply #1 on: 22:15:40, 25/07/16 »
Good to meet you and to learn a bit more about how DofE works.  Real shame you missed the walk on Saturday, but at least it sounds like you had some compensation  ;)
Where there's a will ...

rambling minster

« Reply #2 on: 09:07:13, 27/07/16 »
i've done the walk you describe twice and i regard it as among the finest in Yorkshire, pleased you enjoyed it

- Dave -

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 21:30:06, 27/07/16 »
Did you pass by Gaping Gill on your way up? An intimidating looking hole if ever there was one
I'm on the internet!

Check out my blog here:

http://allthegearbutnoidea.blogspot.co.uk

214/214 Wainwrights

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy