Author Topic: After a night in a tent do you feel good in the morning?  (Read 6468 times)

Maggot

Re: After a night in a tent do you feel good in the morning?
« Reply #45 on: 08:58:09, 21/02/19 »
You could always get someone medically trained to stick a tube up you like they do after the 'old man's operation' in hospital. Then all you have to do is empty the bag when it gets full  :)

I'll get my coat....

The beauty of my solution is that you do not need any instillagel, saline, syringe etc.  It's the same solution, but with a condom instead of an inserted catheter  O0

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #46 on: 19:52:11, 21/02/19 »
Slogger - Buy yourself a Uriwell. Its a concertina bottle the size of a coca cola can, when it pulled open its about a foot long. Ideal in a tent, you can even pee into it lieing on your side. I've used one for years, never leave home without it.

Innominate Man

• Veteran Member
« Reply #47 on: 23:12:30, 21/02/19 »
You could always get someone medically trained to stick a tube up you like they do after the 'old man's operation' in hospital.

:-\   :-\  Is this something I have to look forward to in advancing years ?  (he says feigning youth)
Not wishing to go off topic, but what is the 'dread' operation ?
And in an attempt to come back onto topic, after talking with a gent of more advanced years than myself (a total stranger actually, who I ended up discussing ..... the speed at which the need to tinkle seems to increase with age) he mentioned keeping an empty plastic bottle in his car. Just in case.
After not too much thought I saw the sense in this and decided I would likewise keep one as a sort of insurance: Which after the speed of need caught me out one evening (on the way back from walking in the Lakes  O0 ) - I realised careful thought was needed with the bore of this bottle. Ahem, this being more to do with margins for error than a brag ... :D
I guess fiddling around with a container in a tent/sleeping bag is similar to doing so in the drivers seat (while parked up I hasten to add).
I now drive around resplendent with an old Comfort Conditioner bottle in the boot.
Could be problematic with lightweight camping though.
Only a hill but all of life to me, up there between the sunset and the sea. 
Geoffrey Winthrop Young

Maggot

« Reply #48 on: 08:28:07, 22/02/19 »
I watched one of those motorway maintenance programmes a few weeks back, about the M5.  They had the team who go along the hard shoulder picking up the rubbish that people seem to weirdly think it is ok to chuck out the window. 

It did take me a few mentions to realise what they meant by "Lorry drivers Tizer"  ::)

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #49 on: 09:56:26, 22/02/19 »
Its a concertina bottle the size of a coca cola can, when it pulled open its about a foot long.
Not long enough for me  ::)

Is this something I have to look forward to in advancing years ?  (he says feigning youth)
Not wishing to go off topic, but what is the 'dread' operation ?
You don't have to be that old, I had it done at 55. It's when they remove your prostate gland.
And speaking from experience, keeping empty bottles in your vehicle is standard practice when driving is part, or all, of your living. Robinsons orange squash ones used to have, erm, suitable dimensions until they changed the design of the container.

It did take me a few mentions to realise what they meant by "Lorry drivers Tizer" 
The plastic carrier bags are worse.....

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #50 on: 18:05:46, 22/02/19 »
The Prostate! Been there, had it done in 2015, no problems since! If you need it done, go for it! I'm one of the elite so I've been told, had mine done by the Da Vinci Robot!

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy