Author Topic: Mountain Equipment Couloir Glove  (Read 1083 times)

Matt010791

Mountain Equipment Couloir Glove
« on: 17:34:13, 20/09/19 »
Has anyone got any experiences with this glove? Been looking at it but I’m not sure whether it’ll be abit bulky or extreme for just general mountain walking and abit of scrambling. Anyone got any other Gore-Tex recommendations for a good hard wearing winter glove?

Owen

• Veteran Member
Re: Mountain Equipment Couloir Glove
« Reply #1 on: 17:59:29, 20/09/19 »
I have ME guide gloves and Rab guide gloves - aren't they original with their names. Both are very good but they will wet out eventually, Usually after a long day walking/skiing/climbing. That's why I have two pairs. Not much between them warmth wise, both are well made and so far have proved very wear resistant. They are four (ME) and three (Rab) years old. Expensive but very good quality.

Matt010791

« Reply #2 on: 18:12:07, 20/09/19 »
I have ME guide gloves and Rab guide gloves - aren't they original with their names. Both are very good but they will wet out eventually, Usually after a long day walking/skiing/climbing. That's why I have two pairs. Not much between them warmth wise, both are well made and so far have proved very wear resistant. They are four (ME) and three (Rab) years old. Expensive but very good quality.

Thanks for that, how do you find the drylite fabric compared to Gore-Tex? The new guide gloves have drylite but obviously not sure on yours

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 18:57:42, 20/09/19 »
The ME gloves are drilite and the Rab ones are event both similar to GoreTex. I doubt you'll notice much difference between the three as far as gloves go.

ninthace

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 21:58:54, 20/09/19 »
I like wrist loops on my winter gloves - saves chasing them across the snow or down icy slopes.  You don't see them much these  days - couldn't see them in the spec for the ME Couloirs
Solvitur Ambulando

Matt010791

« Reply #5 on: 09:53:35, 21/09/19 »
I like wrist loops on my winter gloves - saves chasing them across the snow or down icy slopes.  You don't see them much these  days - couldn't see them in the spec for the ME Couloirs

I think the more expensive super couloir gloves from ME have this loop your referring to.

Owen

• Veteran Member
« Reply #6 on: 10:36:59, 21/09/19 »
They have wrist loops and the little elastic thing on the middle finger. This is so you can clip your gloves onto your harness in a fingers up position. Stops snow filling your gloves that way.

Matt010791

« Reply #7 on: 11:57:50, 23/09/19 »
Update, just managed to pick up a pair from tiso for £47 as they were the last size small in stock. Think that quite a good deal seen as there £100 on ME’s website and £64 on others etc

Chris954

« Reply #8 on: 22:42:25, 23/09/19 »
i tend not to spend much on expensive gore tex lined gloves, its so annoying having bought a pair of £50+ gloves and the first time out you grab hold of a bush only to feel a thorn come through it.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy