Author Topic: Tiers on Roseberry Topping  (Read 1260 times)

strawy

Tiers on Roseberry Topping
« on: 15:07:43, 03/12/20 »
Read this on the local news,for the sake of a few feet ??
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-55170746

Jac

• Veteran Member
Re: Tiers on Roseberry Topping
« Reply #1 on: 15:15:49, 03/12/20 »
You couldn't make it up ???

but reads like a bit of media spuddling. Perhaps there will be a Plod stationed atop the trig pillar. If the two areas under different constabularies they will need a Plod strategically placed 1 metre either side of the boundary.
« Last Edit: 15:21:52, 03/12/20 by Jac »
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Ridge

• Veteran Member
« Reply #2 on: 16:49:45, 03/12/20 »
There have to be boundaries somewhere if the whole country is not to be in Tier 3.
I understand the frustration of people who live in areas of low infection but are lumped in to higher tiers because of others in their county but the smaller the areas the more of this problem will occur with one side of the road allowed to do things which the people in the houses opposite can't.

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #3 on: 17:15:10, 03/12/20 »
Fine the line is there and the press got a story out of it. Impossible to police properly. Mean while back in the real world.  ;D

On a similar theme there have been police on the Tamar Bridge policing folk walking across from tier two in Devon to tier one in Cornwall.  I'm guessing it is people heading to or from the pub they are after.  The Pubs this side are open for drinkers, tuther they are not.

April

• Veteran Member
« Reply #4 on: 17:34:05, 03/12/20 »
There are a lot of walks that cross borders, from Cumbria to Scotland, Cumbria to Northumberland etc. Hadrians Wall path goes through Gilsland, a village split down the middle, half in Cumbria, half in Northumberland. I don't think there will be a police presence on the border somehow  :D 
Hate will never win

fernman

• Veteran Member
« Reply #5 on: 18:33:31, 03/12/20 »
Slow news day?

Toxicbunny

« Reply #6 on: 22:45:36, 13/12/20 »
Read this on the local news,for the sake of a few feet ??
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-55170746
Its because guisborough is redcar and Cleveland tier 3 and great ayton tier 2. They are fining up that way as police are put on mountain bikes. I've avoided that area this year as ive never seen so many walkers or discarded masks etc. Its a shame as its ruining it for everyone.

richardh1905

• Veteran Member
« Reply #7 on: 08:12:02, 14/12/20 »
Ridiculous. I for one would be ignoring the boundary, as long as it wasn't busy, that is.
WildAboutWalking - Join me on my walks through the wilder parts of Britain

LostWays

« Reply #8 on: 16:20:36, 17/02/21 »
I guess people who live in Newton under Roseberry could still climb it as it is within walking distance of home? But it would obviously not be ok to drive out from Middlesborough to climb.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy