Author Topic: Harrogate - Knaresborough  (Read 997 times)

mnt99york

Harrogate - Knaresborough
« on: 15:16:15, 01/08/15 »
Hi!

I live in York and I really enjoy walking - I want do Harrogate - Knaresborough on Monday but I can't find anything online that meets my needs! I go by public transport as I don't drive (but this shouldn't be a problem here). I'm not a hiker/long distance walker so it needs to be 8 miles MAX (preferably 5-6 miles). As I want to finish in under 4-5 hours. I much prefer a circular walk, but either of those 2 towns has good PT links so a straight walk is fine in this case. I enjoy both cities and countryside views and prefer a walk that encompasses both.

I need to be vaguely careful too as I had a stroke a few months ago due to over-exertion working out (I'm only 35!) but I can walk fine now and have done much more difficult walks than this since then (Ilkley Moor, Whitby-Robin Hood's Bay) so I hardly imagine this was a problem here.

Does anyone have any recommendations?

pleb

• Veteran Member
Re: Harrogate - Knaresborough
« Reply #1 on: 18:05:19, 01/08/15 »
Well if u can find your way through from Harrogate you can get on the path to the Nidd gorge, on the river west of Knaresborough, and its lovely along there, to walk into Knaresborough. I only have a landranger map so cannot really give u all the directions, but its do-able. Not sure about the mileage though.
Or if u go from starbeck station to K'boro you might shave a mile off the distance.
Whinging Moaning Old Fart

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy