Author Topic: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?  (Read 279083 times)

gunwharfman

• Veteran Member
Re: Where are you good people walking DURING the week?
« Reply #1485 on: 18:43:37, 30/12/20 »
Started near Portsdown Hill, through Denmead up to Hambledon and a bit beyond.

wombat

« Reply #1486 on: 21:32:50, 30/12/20 »
14 miles today, down the beach from Bridlington to Barmston, loop round through the fields to Fraisethorpe, back up the beach to Bridlington and home :)
Now running out of local walks to do !! :-\

Slowcoach

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1487 on: 21:35:46, 30/12/20 »
Next Monday a 10.5 mile walk from Ham Hill country park.
It's all uphill from here.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1488 on: 08:05:21, 31/12/20 »
10 miles yesterday from South Brent to Ivybridge via Ugborough Beacon and back along the east bank of the thundering river Erme.
Plenty of mud but weather better than expected. I wore my leather boots for the first time since February with expectations of heavy freezing rain and really noticed the extra weight; sore hip today :(
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1489 on: 17:49:29, 01/01/21 »
Twagged off work early yesterday and did a lovely final walk of the year.  Cold, crisp, frosty, sunny.  The ground was frozen solid making it a pleasure to walk on.  I ended up doing just over 4 miles by accident  :D

Mel

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1490 on: 17:03:14, 12/02/21 »
Took my Mum to get jabbed today so had a lovely (albeit brief 20 minute) mooch on the Westwood whilst I waited:

People were sledging down the hill opposite - ohhh how I wanted to join them!  Ohhh how I wish this little mooch could have been longer.  And OOHHHH how unbelievably lovely it was to be somewhere different  :)

Jonathan1990

« Reply #1491 on: 18:18:27, 12/02/21 »
Not done any walks this week but hoping for one next Monday.

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1492 on: 19:43:27, 12/02/21 »
Took my Mum to get jabbed today so had a lovely (albeit brief 20 minute) mooch on the Westwood whilst I waited:

People were sledging down the hill opposite - ohhh how I wanted to join them!  Ohhh how I wish this little mooch could have been longer.  And OOHHHH how unbelievably lovely it was to be somewhere different  :)

Know what you mean Mel about walking somewhere different, feel the same... at least all the snow around here makes places look a bit different!
Met a woman watching her two youngsters sledging, I asked her why don't you have a go... Alreet then, I'll race the lad. Countdown from 3 and she was off, no fear, rocketed straight down with amazing control, won by a mile! She jumped off and screamed in delight!!
My old pals I meet when out walking keep saying... we've had our jabs, have you? Not old enough!  :D

GnP

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1493 on: 20:06:03, 12/02/21 »

That is a walk well worth doing and one for the books ..things are getting better .. walks will get longer .. O0 O0
A night under silnylon. Doesn't have the same ring to it.

watershed

« Reply #1494 on: 14:54:22, 16/02/21 »
I went over Ronas Hill to Lang Clodie Wick.
11.6 Miles with 2560 feet of up bits.
To see the Waterfalls from the snow melt. The 4 falls range between 190 to 230 feet in height and 2 of them sometimes disappear with a dry spell.

watershed

« Reply #1495 on: 15:02:26, 16/02/21 »

Dodgylegs

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1496 on: 15:53:16, 16/02/21 »
Sorry Watershed, could not open attachment to view....

They are now!

Peak

« Reply #1497 on: 16:56:39, 16/02/21 »
Just managed 2.83 mls around local woodland today after 10 days of inactivity due to back problem. Not a lot but so nice to be out again.

Jac

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1498 on: 21:19:24, 16/02/21 »
Totally lost motivation despite the improved weather. If anyone sees my mojo please could they send it back c/o this forum
Thank you
So many paths yet to walk, so little time left

BuzyG

• Veteran Member
« Reply #1499 on: 23:57:39, 16/02/21 »
I went over Ronas Hill to Lang Clodie Wick.
11.6 Miles with 2560 feet of up bits.
To see the Waterfalls from the snow melt. The 4 falls range between 190 to 230 feet in height and 2 of them sometimes disappear with a dry spell.

Love the pictures. Makes me want to get my climbing gear out. 

More routine walks around town and local lanes this week.  Keeping the target miles up is about all the enthusiasm I can muster, in this lockdown with this weather.

Looking forward to Saturday. Fingers crossed the weather is fine.

Terms of Use     Privacy Policy